54. Bloom||Smut

There were times when I thought the cool breeze would one day sweep me up in it's strong winds and carry me as it swayed across the land, over the walls, and out into the open

There were times when I thought the cool breeze would one day sweep me up in it's strong winds and carry me as it swayed across the land, over the walls, and out into the open. I would look down carefully,  not wanting to regain gravity, as I smiled at what life had to offer. Sometimes people were there, other times it was animals that I've never seen but somehow knew existed. Black and white Zebras, brown gazelles, and a ferocious lion that tried to imitate the sun's color. They didn't hurt each other and in my version of this story, the lion doesn't eat the other animals because he had a horrific experience and went total vegan. Poor thing. I tried to imagine the ocean and what that might look like, but the wind always got tired before I could even see a hint of it's hot sand, hence dropping me back in the glade.

I loved it here.

The guys were my brothers and I loved them all. Some of them were kind and sweet to me, but for guys like Gally, I had to have tough skin. He never approved of me being a builder. Whenever I would ask him why he hated me so much, he would tell me that I was too slow and that I should've been stuck doing agriculture or tending to dirty laundry. This led to me getting angry and punching the hell out of Gally. He never took that sort of response well. There would be times when he'd steal a few hits. Once we broke out into a fight, Chuck would immediately run over to Alby or Newt. About 7 times out of 10, Alby would pull Gally back and pull him aside to talk to him. The occasions that Newt would come, he would always side with me and that would piss Gally off to new levels.

Gally: Why do you always pick her side? She's the one who hit me first!
Newt: Lay off, Gally. You probably said something to provoke her

Y/N: He said I might as well be useful and spread my legs for the older gladers

Gally: Shut up!

Newt: *widens his eyes* You said what?

Gally: It was a joke. She needs to stop being so sensitive all the damn time

Y/N: Fuck you *spits on him*

Gally: *lunges at you*

Newt: *Pushes him back* Hey, stay back! Gally, one more comment like that and I'll throw you down in the hole myself. Now get back to work. Y/N, you come with me, I'm putting you somewhere else for today

Y/N: What did I do?!

Newt: You hit him first. Rules are rules and everyone has to follow them

Gally mocked me by imitating an ugly cry. I stuck a tongue out and kicked his box of supplies. I could hear the whistles of smoke shooting out of his ears as I turned around to leave with Newt. He didn't speak much and I appreciated that. The silence allowed me to think and give me time to admire his nice qualities. Qualities like his shaggy blond hair, his chocolate brown eyes, and the small smile that painted his lips when he found something funny. I'm almost positive I've never heard him laugh. There were days when I would try to imagine it in my mind. Was it a high pitched short burst of air, a low chuckle, or a loud sound that cracked through the air like thunder?  Something bout Newt just made me curious. He was such a soft, gentle soul. It made me think why he would be in a place like this. Maybe it was to prove that angels still existed and that there could someday be hope of a better and new world apart from this one.