123. A Day in The Glade || "Wrestling"

Summary: Apparently, Mommy and Daddy like to “wrestle”

Summary: Apparently, Mommy and Daddy like to “wrestle”. A Hope imagine. The reader and Newt are Hope’s foster parents.

You watched Minho chase Hope around Newt, who was working to get some wood using his machete.

"Min, go a bit farther, shank," Newt called, his eyes locked on his work. "or I'll hit you with this if she gets anywhere closer to it." He waved his tool carefully.

"You heard Daddy," Minho ruffled the child's hair. "wanna go to Fry for some juice?"

Hope nodded eagerly. You watched the two skip joyfully to the kitchen, leaving you alone with Newt. You watched him attempt to slice through the bark several times, his muscles tensing at every motion, before you spoke.

"You should really take a break, I need to go back to the Hut in a few minutes." you pouted playfully. He hit the bark once more, then looked up at you, a playful smirk on his lips.

"You just miss me." he stated. He sat on the grass next to you and took your hand, clasping it in his bigger ones. Newt's eyes remained on your hand as you leaned on his shoulder.

"And you don't?" you felt him smile. "Miss me, I mean."

"Of course I do." he looked at you over his shoulder and you met him halfway, kissing his nose. You scrunched your nose.

"You're sweaty." He raised a brow.

"Oh, really?" you barely heard the husky comment. He pushed you down on the ground gently and hovered above you, kissing your neck and causing his sweaty cheek to come to contact with yours.

"Ew. Newt..." you trailed off as a moan escaped your lips. Your fingers clung desperately on Newt's toned arms. Newt pulled away to look at you, his gaze switching from your eyes to your lips. You closed your eyes as you felt his heat closer and closer when...

"Daddy!"

Damn it.

"I wanna join!" she giggled.

Newt rolled off of you and sat up, and you refused to do the same, staying on your position on the ground.

"Why'd you stop wrestling, Daddy?"

Apparently, she mistook your heated exchange for the typical playful wrestles Minho and Gally have with her.

"I think Mum was feeling a little too hot," he smirked at you as Hope's little arms clung on his neck.

"I was perfectly fine," you retorted playfully when Hope began to laugh at you. Minho caught your eye and he sent you an apologetic look before Thomas pulled him into a conversation.

"Daddy's bigger than you, Mommy..." Hope observed innocently, fitting perfectly into Newt's embrace and whispered, "you're icky, Daddy."

"Is that right?" you laughed and sat up, refusing to miss out on their affection and kissing Hope's forehead before Newt removed an arm from the embrace to put it around you.

"Yep." she started picking on Newt's hair. "So he'll win all the time."

"That's the spirit, love!" Newt grinned, rubbing her little arm.

"That means Mommy is weak, then?" you looked at her menacingly, threatening a second wrestling round.

She didn't seem to notice, shaking her head. "No, Mommy. Daddy said you're really strong." she seemed occupied with the grass on her palm. "But he said he has to protect you, too. Because you get into a lot of trouble."

"I do not!" you slapped Newt's arm.

Newt only looked at you smugly as Hope continued. "He said so, when he was telling me a bedtime story. He also said you fall down a lot when I asked him why you don't run like him."

You glared at Newt. "I guess that's true."

Hope apparently saw your rage, because she added, "But that's okay, 'cause Daddy's here and he won't let anything bad happen, he promised."

You met Newt's eyes and he shrugged. "That sounds about right." he smiled.

Feeling heat rush to your cheeks, you stood up. "That's it for my break. I need to check on Winston."

"Remind me to get sick tomorrow, I can't believe Winston gets your undivided attention all afternoon." Newt stood up as well. "I'll walk you."

Hope pouted. "I'll go to Unca Minho now." You knelt down for a kiss, and Newt lifted her up before letting her peck his cheek. And off she went.

"You're not getting sick tomorrow, the Greenie might arrive." you commented as you walked across the Glade.

"First Winston, now the bloody Greenie." he huffed, then put his lips close to your ear. "You better know what you're in for tonight, love. I'll show you what undivided attention is."

You shuddered and instinctively brushed your hands against his torso. He wasn't winning this, though. "With a five year-old girl asking us why we didn't invite her to play? Not my cup of tea."

"You've got a sharp mouth now... we'll see how sharp that can be when I make you beg. Again."

You knew he was right. The thought brought butterflies to your stomach and heat to your face, but decided not to respond as you stop on the Hut door.

"Tonight." you finally agreed, wrapping him in a rib-crushing hug. You can practically feel his crotch.

He hummed, stroking your hair. "I love you, Y/N."

"Even when I trip when I run?" you felt his chest rumble as he chuckled.

"As long as I'll be the one to catch you."