78. Early Mornings - Thomas Sangster

It was early

It was early. WAY too early. The room was still dark and you were still comfortably covered with a blanket.  But the warmth that was usually next to you was gone. You reached out in attempt to find said warmth but you got nothing. Forcing your eyes open, you looked across the bed at an empty side of the bed. Rubbing your eyes you sat up and looked around the room, spotting light peering from the door to the en-suite bathroom. You wrapped the blanket around your body and watched Thomas leave the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping off his body.

“Goodmorning.” he smiled when he noticed you sitting up. Making his way over to you, he sat on the edge of the bed beside you and kissed your cheek.
“Morning.” you whispered,
“Why are you up so early?” he asked, drying himself off, “I didn’t wake you, did I?” you smiled and shook your head,
“No, just cold.” Thomas kissed your nose and gently pushed you back down onto the bed,
“Go back to sleep.” he whispered, placing gentle kisses all over your face.
“But I’m awake now.” you laughed, Thomas sighed and placed kisses along your jaw.
“But it’s 5am. You don’t have to be at work till later.” he said between kisses.
“Maybe I’ll go back to sleep if someone joins me.”
“I have to be on set at 7.”
“It only takes you half an hour to drive, your early.” you said, Thomas nodded to you,
“Very true.” he dropped the towel onto the floor and crawled into bed next to you, pulling your body close to his.

You wrapped your arms around his torso, clinging to his body in the early hours of the morning.
“I love you.” you whispered, kissing his chest,
“I love you too.”

It didn’t matter than it was so early in the morning, waking up like this was the best.