Chapter 22

Confused, Xiao bao looked around. After spinning twice, someone suddenly flashed out from behind a tree, moving so quickly that Xiaobao only caught a blur. In the blink of an eye, the person was standing a few yards away, watching them with an expressionless face.

Xiao bao's eyes widened in shock.

Su Yin narrowed his eyes, assessing the beautiful, androgynous youth standing before them.

"In broad daylight, overturning dragons and phoenixes, you two seem quite spirited," the voice said, as captivating as its owner's appearance, yet as cold as frost.

The two men called out were momentarily stunned, struggling to process those words.

Looking down, they noticed their disheveled clothes and flushed cheeks, especially their compromising position—one on top of the other—oozing ambiguity. However, if it were a man and a woman, their actions might have some logical explanation. But for two men to be entangled like this, only those with their minds in the gutter could misconstrue their intentions, clearly having too much time on their hands.

Xiao Bao's face went through several changes, suddenly realizing why this person might think that way, due to having had similar experiences. Why they had those experiences... coupled with the sudden, unguarded appearance of the one he longed for day and night. His brain capacity was limited, and digesting so much information at once was indeed challenging, leaving him completely stunned.

Su Yin truly lived up to his reputation as the eldest son of the foremost martial family, quickly regaining his composure.

He straightened his clothes and his slightly disheveled hair, even buttoning up Xiao Bao's clothes and tidying his hair for him before pulling him up to his feet.

Huai En remained motionless, his gaze following their movements, his expression frosty.

"You know him," he stated confidently to Xiao Bao, yet his gaze never left Huai En. Despite a momentary lapse in vigilance, the fact that someone could silently lurk under his watch for who knows how long made the person before him extremely dangerous. The cold, malicious look in that person's eyes put Su Yin on high alert, like a beast sensing danger, ready for any sudden changes.

"He... I..." Xiao Bao's throat was dry; he didn't know how to respond to Su Yin. He had imagined countless scenarios of reuniting with Huai En, but none seemed adequate for the moment. He also had to think about how to explain Huai En's identity to Su Yin. He felt like his brain was about to explode. Lying was indeed a skill, and he was not professional at it at all!

Huai En glanced at Xiao Bao, sending shivers down his spine with that look.

"I came here today to take my person. If you know what's good for you, you'll release him early," Huai En said, not bothering with pleasantries, feeling no need to waste words with the person before him.

Su Yin scoffed coldly, "What a bold claim, do you think you can back that up?" So, this is him... but... that's not right!!!

He grabbed Xiao Bao's arm, "Is he the one you talked about?"

Xiao Bao looked like he was on the verge of tears, silently staring back.

"How could it be a man?"

Xiao Bao's face fell, "I... I never said... he was a woman."

He wanted to ask when Xiao Bao started liking men, but now clearly wasn't the time, angrily letting go of his arm.

"You're still not settled with me for causing Xiao Bao's injury, yet you have the audacity to demand him from me, who gave you such courage."