Chapter 52

When Huai En forcefully entered, Xiao Bao was lying on the couch, flanked by beauties on both sides, their half-exposed soft breasts on display, draping over him as if boneless.

Xiao Bao was well-versed in such places, mingling effortlessly with a crowd of spoiled young nobles, engaging in lively banter, and surrounded by beauty, truly in his element.

Although he came half reluctantly at first, the familiarity of everything soon quietly restored a bit of his former pride. Lately, in Huai En's presence, he had been nothing but submissive, constantly being overshadowed and toyed with. While the nourishment of love was indeed refreshing, his male pride was somewhat hurt. The frustration of willingly degrading oneself, with no one to confide in, coupled with the ecstasy of being with Huai En, made him grateful yet internally discontent. Thus, after a few drinks, his fear and guilt over visiting the brothel behind Huai En's back faded away.

The flattery he received made him as euphoric as ever, and the beauties by his side were at his complete disposal. Although he was tempted, he dared not do anything substantial; indulging excessively these past few days had left him physically weak. Moreover, he was not good at keeping secrets; if he truly did something, Huai En might notice. In his heart, all the beauties of the world could not compare to a fraction of Huai En's charm. Huai En was his everything, and that was enough.

However, as a man, he naturally enjoyed the feeling of being in control. The confidence he couldn't get from Huai En seemed to be rapidly inflating with the help of alcohol, providing him a sense of relief and a moment to hold his head high.

He barely remembered the "legitimate" reason for his visit today, which was to deal with Su Yin's matter, pondering over a convincing excuse to make these young nobles happily part with their silver. Then, amidst the sounds of screams and the noise of tables and chairs, the door was violently hit, silencing everyone inside. As the noise drew closer, all heads turned towards the door in unison.

The door, accompanied by a loud noise, was forcibly opened by an external force in the next moment, shaking the entire door frame violently. If the door hadn't been hinged, it would have flown out along with the entire wall.

Huai En, dressed in white, his face twisted and his body radiating a cold light, appeared before them. Xiao Bao felt a chill rising from his feet to the top of his head, with only one thought in his mind: he was doomed.

The few people in the room, with their drunken eyes, watched the figure that had appeared out of nowhere, speechless.

Xiao Bao's lips trembled, trying to say something, but under Huai En's icy glare, he felt even more guilty and afraid, as if his throat was blocked and his mind was in chaos, unable to form words.

Huai En's black pupils harbored a brewing storm as he stared into Xiao Bao's soul and said seriously, word by word, "You lied to me."

Xiao Bao, startled, pushed away the women who, clearly intimidated by Huai En's aura, had clung to him. He tried to stand up, but the long periods of lying down had numbed his legs, and the alcohol made his arms weak. He fell back as soon as he tried to get up, but this fall seemed to shake off the frustration within him, allowing him to finally speak and look into Huai En's eyes in a rush, "I didn't."

Huai En, hearing this defense, became even more furious, his entire body trembling, and he repeated through gritted teeth, "You lied to me."

Xiao Bao half crawled and knelt on the ground, pleading in a low stance, "Huai En, I didn't, please let me explain."

Then, someone drunk enough to not fear death jeered, "Jin... Master Jin... who is this? Looks like... he's dressed as a woman... wow, so beautiful, isn't he, Master Jin's... wife? Caught in the act... haha."