Chapter 104

Xiao Bao really woke up feeling hot and bothered.

He felt like he was being roasted over a fire, so hot that he wanted to roll on the ground.

When he opened his eyes, everything was pitch black. He could only tell he was lying on his bed in his room by the moonlight coming in through the window.

His limbs felt disobedient, and he was overwhelmed by the heat, more irritating than standing under the scorching sun.

Xiao Bao forced his arm to move, and after a tingling sensation passed, he felt that half of his body was heavy.

A voice sounded in his ear, "Xiao Bao? Are you awake?"

Xiao Bao turned his head and saw Huai En lying next to him, using both hands and feet to hug him, now raising his head to look at him.

Damn, no wonder it's so hot.

Lying on him in the middle of summer, how could it not be hot?

Xiao Bao was feeling irritated by the heat. He bumped him with his shoulder, "Get up, it's so hot." He wanted to push him, but after struggling for a long time, he couldn't lift his arm. It was as if he had no bones and couldn't exert any force.

Huai En touched his forehead, "You're hot because of the Red Demon Flower. Your skin was all red at noon, and it didn't go down until the sun went down. Is it uncomfortable?"

"Very uncomfortable, like being surrounded by a fire in the middle of summer."

Huai En smiled, "Surrounded by a fire in the middle of summer, that should be me."

Xiao Bao turned his neck, "I didn't ask you to surround me. Just stay away from me."

Huai En frowned, but his body didn't move, and his hands tightened instead.

"I don't need to be close to you to feel hot. My body temperature is actually lower than yours. When you're near me, you're more comfortable."

Xiao Bao, hesitatingly, suddenly remembered something and asked, "How come you're staying here? What about Su Yin?"

Huai En's mood darkened at the mention of Su Yin's name. "He's resting. He used up too much internal energy."

Xiao Bao became nervous. "Is he okay?"

Huai En's expression hardened. "What could happen? He just needs to rest."

After thinking for a moment, Xiao Bao said, "What time is it now? Maybe I should go check on him. I can't sleep anyway, and he's still upset with me..." Normally, when Su Yin was in a good mood or tired, if Xiao Bao made the first move to apologize, Su Yin wouldn't bother to argue with him. So, it seemed like a good time now.

Huai En's tone turned cold. "It's the middle of the night. Why do you want to go now? Do you often visit him in the middle of the night?" His tone became increasingly bitter.

Xiao Bao was taken aback. "Middle of the night? If I'm not going, I won't go. Hurry up and get up. I want to sleep, and you should leave."

Huai En gritted his teeth. "Didn't you just say you couldn't sleep?"

Xiao Bao couldn't remember what he had just said. He just wanted to find an excuse to keep Huai En away from him. It was the middle of the night, and the two of them were lying in bed, looking disheveled. Wouldn't it lead to misunderstandings? Huai En's gaze was almost predatory, which Xiao Bao was all too familiar with. He still hadn't figured out their relationship. If something happened now, he wouldn't be able to explain it even if he tried.

But Huai En clearly wasn't going to let this go, finally catching a chance to be alone with Xiao Bao without anyone else around.

He lay there, next to someone he had thought about for so long, now with a flushed face, burning body, disheveled clothes, and limbs devoid of strength. What was especially hateful was that his mind was now thinking about another man.