Chapter 107

The following day, Xiaobao drifted in and out of consciousness, already exhausted. After being administered medicine by Que Siming, he slipped into a semi-comatose state. Despite the intense heat, Xiaobao couldn't bear it and became even more dazed.

Using inner energy to start the fire greatly depleted Que Siming's inner energy. Su Yin didn't show up the next day, but luckily, Que Siming had experience, so he was more adept at guiding Huai En, resulting in Huai En being in slightly better condition than Su Yin after two hours, looking less disheveled but still somewhat weak. He was taken to a room by Zhao Cai to rest.

Xiaobao slept until the third day before regaining consciousness. The detoxification process was no longer as agonizing. Although Su Yin didn't look well, their experience and Que Siming's guidance prevented the wastage of a lot of inner energy.

With Su Yin's recovery, the physically frail Huai En didn't get a chance to approach Xiaobao. It wasn't until the last day was nearing its end that Huai En showed up.

His appearance coincided with Su Yin's weakest moment, demonstrating that if Su Yin couldn't handle him, no one else could. So, he entered confidently.

As the end approached, the discomfort became less noticeable. By the last day, Xiaobao only felt the heat, with the increasingly relaxed sensation in his body defying description, known only to him, and he felt exceptionally joyful.

For the past seven days, there hadn't been a drop of rain, and the sky had been consistently clear, the situation could be considered exceptionally smooth.

After two hours passed, Que Siming directed Huai En to lift Xiao Bao out of the bathtub. After checking his pulse and administering acupuncture, everyone watched him anxiously.

After a long while, he finally breathed a sigh of relief, turned to the crowd, and said, "Everything went smoothly."

Only then did everyone relax. Zhao Cai and Jin Bao rushed to Xiao Bao, crying and laughing. Su Yin sat beside him, looking pale but relieved. Huai En held Xiao Bao's hand tightly, his eyes slightly red.

"In the future, you should pay more attention to keeping warm in winter and try to go out less. Your current condition is similar to rheumatism. It's impossible to fully recover to how it was before, but it won't be as painful as it used to be. Basically, there shouldn't be any major problems."

Xiao Bao nodded excitedly. This was already a very good result. He looked at Que Siming, feeling grateful, and said, "Thank you, Master Que."

Que Siming grabbed Jin Bao by the collar and lifted him up, making a loud kissing sound on his face. Playfully looking at Jin Bao's dodging eyes, he said, "No need to thank me."

Xiao Bao felt a pang of sadness and embarrassment as he looked at Que Siming, who always acted as if they didn't exist.

Que Siming said, "Alright, I'll stay for at most another half month, observe a bit, see if there are any relapses, prescribe some more medicine for you, give you a prescription, and then I'll take him away."

Xiao Bao anxiously asked, "Where are you going?"

"Back to the Mountain first. In the future, if you run out of medicine, you can go there to get some. If I'm not around, I'll leave some for you."

"If you're not around... where would you be?" Xiaobao felt a twinge of fear, worried that he might have inadvertently led Jin bao away, never to see him again.

Que Siming impatiently shot him a glare. "Why so much unnecessary talk?"

Xiaobao pursed his lips, falling silent.