Chapter 50

Xiao Bao was busy all day until the evening. After dinner, he went to soothe Xiao Yu, the little girl who refused to eat. Xiao Bao followed her around with a bowl to feed her. Xiao Yu never behaved like this in front of others, always acting like a little adult, even in front of Elder Jin and the lady. Only in front of Xiao Bao would she act like a child, being willful and coquettish.

It wasn't until Xiao Yu was lulled to sleep that Xiao Bao finally caught his breath.

Today, after returning to the Jin mansion, he was busy with this and that and didn't have any spare time. He hadn't seen Huai En all day. They had been inseparable the previous few days, and now he found it hard to adjust to not being together. Even though it was late at night, Xiao Bao still wanted to find Huai En, even if it was just to sleep in his arms.

Unfortunately, when he reached Huai En's separate courtyard, he was greatly disappointed. Huai En's room was empty. At such a late hour, who would go out? Dragging over Zuo Ying to ask yielded nothing but an indifferent attitude. Zuo Ying's eyes were filled with disdain towards him.

Xiao Bao was infuriated. Both teenagers around seventeen or eighteen years old, how could Huai En's subordinates be so different from the welcoming and prosperous ones? Looking at you as if they were evaluating your ancestors and ignoring you as if you did not exist in this world. Indeed, the type of master determines the type of servant. Xiao Bao decided to give a small report and whisper in Huai En's ear in the future to deal with this disdainful servant.

Unable to find Huai En, Xiao Bao didn't want to return to an empty room. He really wanted to talk to Huai En, to tell him what he had done today. He also wanted to know what Huai En was up to, going out in the middle of the night.

Xiao Bao pushed open the door to Huai En's room and lay down on his bed, still dressed.

His father's health was declining day by day, and what once seemed distant now required consideration—what would become of the Jin family after his parents' centennial departure? He had no desire to marry anyone in his lifetime, wishing only to grow old with Huai en. However, even with his parents' indulgence, they wouldn't allow him such capriciousness.

Holding Huai en's quilt, he could faintly smell his scent. Xiao Bao buried his head in the quilt, his mind in turmoil. Lost in thought, he eventually fell asleep.

Waking up the next day, Xiao Bao felt an extraordinary warmth beside him. Opening his eyes, Huai en's delicate face was close at hand. Dark circles were visibly under his eyes, clearly from exhaustion, his nostrils flared slightly with his long, deep breaths, sleeping soundly.

Xiao Bao felt a warm flow spreading throughout his limbs in an instant, realizing that this was a scene indispensable in his life. Waking up to see Huai en's peaceful sleeping face was the life he wanted. For this, he would surely find a perfect solution.

Huai en's arm was still around Xiao Bao's waist. Just as Xiao Bao propped himself up, Huai en sensitively opened his eyes.

His eyes couldn't immediately adjust to the light, squinting slightly at Xiao Bao.

Xiao Bao covered his eyes softly, saying, "I'm stepping out for a bit, you sleep a little longer."

Huai en nodded lightly, whispering, "Come back soon."

Xiao Bao kissed him on the corner of his mouth, got out of bed, covered Huai'en with the quilt, and left quietly.

"Is everything ready?"

"Master, everything is ready."

Xiao Bao looked at the sky, it was the afternoon, and the sun was not so dazzling, "Hmm, now is the right time, let's go."