Chapter 97

Huai En gazed steadily at Xiao Bao, his expression puzzled, as he asked once more, "Do you want to do this? Come, I'll allow only you to do it. Everything I say is true, Xiao Bao."

Xiao Bao felt like his heart was ready to burst out of his chest.

No matter how he tried to imagine it, he couldn't believe that the proud and arrogant Huai En would be willing to do such a thing.

Since the last night at the Jin Mansion, he hadn't engaged in any sexual activities. His current life was too burdensome, leaving him no room to think about such matters. Yet now, this person was openly expressing a desire to surrender himself. Xiao Bao couldn't ignore it.

If nothing had happened, if he had just gone on a journey and returned, and then heard these words, he would have been overjoyed, ecstatic even.

But now, he only felt a wave of sorrow. He had longed for something, begged for it endlessly, yet couldn't attain it. Finally, he had given up, only for it to be presented to him now. Could he be happy about it? It felt more like anger.

Huai En leaned in to hug Xiao Bao, but unexpectedly, Xiao Bao pushed him away forcefully, almost causing him to fall off the bed.

"Go away," Xiao Bao muttered, retreating to the far side of the bed, his head bowed.

Huai En hesitated, his voice trembling. "Xiao Bao..."

"Just go," Xiao Bao interrupted, still not looking up.

With shaky hands, Huai En straightened his clothes, his eyes devoid of expression. "Xiao Bao, I might not come back this time... I might not survive."

"That's fine. I don't want to see you anymore," Xiao Bao replied, his voice muffled as he buried his face in his knees. "Just leave, quickly."

Feeling a profound emptiness, Huai En struggled to stand up. With great care, he lightly brushed his lips against Xiao Bao's forehead before silently disappearing.

Xiao Bao's shoulders shook as he began to cry softly.

"As the plum rain season approaches, your condition is likely to worsen," Que Siming explained gently as he removed the needles from Xiao Bao's body.

Xiao Bao shivered, suppressing the pain. "I was fine the last few times it rained..."

"That was because there was a long interval between rains, and the dampness didn't accumulate. We were all here, and the warm-hearted sutra helped you make some progress. We barely managed to keep it under control. But during the plum rain season, it's different. One rain could last for ten days or half a month. Cold air can be blocked, but dampness, no matter how you try to protect yourself, will seep in. Although it's not as severe as winter, it's harder to prevent. Be prepared, as it will surely flare up."

Jin bao couldn't help but interject, "What should we do? Master Su isn't here at a time like this."

Que Siming turned around and glared at him, "Even if Su Yin were here, what good would it do? Instead of thinking Su Yin can save him, you might as well plead with me first."

Jin bao urged, "I'm pleading with you, begging you. Think of a solution!"

Que Siming shrugged, "I can't."

Jin bao made a face as if he wanted to bite someone, and he swung his fist behind him in frustration.

After each acupuncture session, he was so sore he couldn't move. His joints were stiff. Xiao bao could only lift his head and look at Que Siming, "Is there any way to avoid this as much as possible?"

"Keep burning fires in the house. It can reduce the humidity. But in this hot summer, people probably can't stand it. However, compared to the cold poison, you should endure it."