Chapter 30

For the second time, Xiao Bao awoke amidst a cacophony of noise, too exhausted to even move a finger. Glancing out the window, he surmised it was already midday; he couldn't believe he had slept for so long.

Turning his head, he noticed the bed was in complete disarray, the air still tinged with the lingering scent of last night's intimacies, which made Xiao Bao frown in disgust. Moving slightly, he felt an overwhelming soreness, particularly in his lower body... it was as if he had lost all sensation there.

Suddenly, he felt a liquid trickling from that area, and the memory of last night's debacles made him feel nauseous.

Outside, Zhao Cai's loud voice could be heard, "Don't be shameless; this is the Jin family's turf. Leave if you dare, and if you don't release our young master soon, I'll ensure you never leave Suzhou city!"

Huai En's icy voice responded, clear though not loud, "I've said he's asleep."

"I don't believe you! It's so late, and the young master never wakes up this late. What have you done to our young master? Tell me!!!"

With a cold snort, Huai En retorted, "Didn't your young master order you not to come over no matter what happened yesterday? And now you're demanding him back from me."

Reminded by Huai En, Xiao Bao realized the gravity of his situation. It wasn't just that he had fallen into a pit of his own making; he was also desperately trying to fill it back up with his last breath. No, not entirely fill it – he had to leave his vulnerable ass exposed to maximize the last of his value.

If only he had heeded Su Yin's advice to study more in the past, Xiao Bao wondered if he would still be as naive as he was now.

Despite his urgent need for assistance, his pride still mattered to him.

Gathering all his strength, he yelled out, "Zhao Cai, go entertain Bao Wan! Leave me be; I'll return shortly!"

There was a brief silence outside before Zhao Cai shouted back, "Young Master, are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine. It's just that Young Master Huai En was overly enthusiastic last night, leaving me a bit worn out." After saying this, Xiao Bao couldn't help but snicker to himself, enjoying the satisfaction of a sharp retort.

Sure enough, there was a snap outside, likely the breaking of a chair's armrest.

Zhao Cai and Bao Wan were still adjusting to the fact that Miss Zheng had transformed into Young Master Huai En and were displeased with the intrusive group of arrogant men insisting on staying. Hearing Xiao Bao's words, Zhao Cai chuckled proudly, "The young master is indeed wise and mighty. I'll ask the cook to stew a soft-shelled turtle for you to nourish your body," he said as his voice faded away, leaving Xiao Bao to heave a sigh of relief.

The bedroom door was then kicked open, and heavy footsteps approached. After a few steps, the person paused, turned back to slam the door shut, and continued towards the bed.

Huai En, with a furious look, pointed at him and demanded, "What nonsense are you spouting?"

Xiao Bao sheepishly replied, "You really can't take a joke. If you're worried about losing face, why not just announce outside that you've had your way with me?"

Xiao Bao was sure Huai En couldn't afford to lose face like that. As expected, Huai En glared at him fiercely and coldly retorted, "You think everyone is as shameless as you."

The smile on Xiao Bao's face vanished instantly. Before, he would have pursued Huai En eagerly, willing to tolerate such remarks with a forced smile. However, after the events of the previous night, he had thought their relationship had progressed somewhat. He was disappointed to realize that, to Huai En, his sacrifices were seen merely as acts of shamelessness. It seemed that Huai En's affection and demands in the privacy of their room vanished the moment he was dressed, showing no regard or sentiment for Xiao Bao's feelings.