Chapter 81

Zhao Cai was thrown to the ground, and Xiao Bao, disregarding himself, hurriedly ran to Zhao Cai but was stopped by Huai En.

Huai En held Xiao Bao's waist and said solemnly, "I am taking you away." After saying this, he jumped up with Xiao Bao. Just as Xiao Bao's body left the ground, a threatening sound came from the hole in the roof. Su Yin and Jin Bao jumped down one after another, the massive air pressure hindering Huai En's light body technique. While changing direction in the air with Xiao Bao, their speed was too slow to avoid the head-on strike, so Huai En had no choice but to land back on the ground.

As soon as they landed, Huai En quickly retreated several feet with Xiao Bao, and with a loud bang, the spot where he had been standing was slashed into a large hole by the sword energy.

Jin Bao, upon landing, dashed towards Zhao Cai like an arrow, hoisting Zhao Cai onto his shoulder. At this moment, Que Si Ming also leisurely walked in through the main door, and Jin Bao quickly placed Zhao Cai beside him.

Su Yin pointed his sword tip at Huai En, "Release Xiao Bao now, and I'll leave you a whole corpse!"

Huai En snorted coldly, holding Xiao Bao with one arm and drawing his sword with the other, "Xiao Bao is mine, and I am taking him away."

Su Yin looked disgusted and contemptuous as if he had heard the most repulsive thing in the world. He kicked a table in front of him to pieces in frustration and sneered, "Yours? You are just as delusional as your father, who still thinks the church governance is his."

Huai En coldly replied, "Who owns the church governance has nothing to do with me, and neither does the church matter from now on. I just want to take Xiao Bao away."

"You want to take him away? Did he agree to that?"

Huai En glanced at Xiao Bao trembling continuously in his arms, his heart sinking.

Seeing Xiao Bao's condition, Su Yin almost burst with anger, and anxiously asked, "Xiao Bao, what's wrong with you, is it..."

Xiao Bao lifted a pale face, managed to weakly glance at Su Yin, then his knees buckled and he knelt on the ground, curling up into a ball, his body shaking like a sieve, clearly visible even through his thick fur coat.

"Xiao Bao!" Su Yin shouted and rushed forward, while Huai En instantly turned into a white shadow. The sounds of swords clashing echoed incessantly, filling the small inn's lobby with a burst of silver light and angry shouts.

This was the first time the two had crossed swords. Their grudge was long-standing, and both harbored deep resentment. At this moment, they were both giving it their all, neither willing to yield an inch, making the fight fiercely unrelenting.

In a duel between experts, full concentration was essential; even a moment's distraction could be fatal.

Jin Bao turned back to see the two fighting, and noticed his young master already curling up on the ground, clearly...

Jin Bao yelled and immediately rushed towards Xiao Bao.

Seeing Jin Bao charge over, Huai En couldn't care less about Su Yin's tight offense. He gritted his teeth, feinted a move, dodged a sword, and charged toward Xiao Bao.

Huai En was incredibly fast, his posture threatening anyone who dared touch Xiao Bao, he would shred them to pieces. Jin Bao was solely focused on reaching Xiao Bao, having no time to counter Huai En.

Que Siming was in a hurry, reaching into his robe with one hand, the next instant, a row of silver needles shot towards Huai En.

Huai En flipped in mid-air, narrowly avoiding the silver needles. As soon as his feet touched the ground, a surge of deadly energy rushed towards the back of his head from behind. He had to roll on the spot to dodge Su Yin's lethal sword. Stabilizing himself, he turned back to see Jin Bao already holding Xiao Bao in his arms.