Chapter 100

Su Yin pointed at his nose and scolded, "What use can you be in this lifetime?! You're so stupid and can't even stay honest at home. You never use your brain when doing things. When will you grow up and stop causing trouble for yourself and us?!"

Xiao Bao looked at Su Yin, who was clearly upset, and at the embarrassed butler behind him. The slap on his face felt hot and painful. He felt both embarrassed and ashamed, wishing he could find a hole to hide in.

Su Yin turned around to look at the people behind him and shouted at the ones who had brought them in, "Who let you in?! Get out!"

The three or five people immediately hurried out the door without hesitation.

Su Yin then pointed at Zhao Cai, "You, help him put on his clothes."

Zhao Cai quickly picked up a brand-new, snow-white outfit from the table and was about to help Young Master put it on.

Su Yin, with sharp eyes, recognized it as Huai En's white robe. He grabbed it and threw it on the ground, stomping on it harshly. "Use your clothes to dress him."

Zhao Cai hesitated for a moment, then immediately ran out to fetch some clothes.

Su Yin felt his anger twisting as he saw Xiao Bao, with tears in his eyes, looking scared and embarrassed, standing there half-naked.

He couldn't understand what sin he had committed to end up with such an incompetent person!

Someone with absolutely no independent ability had quietly come all this way, all for that thing. How desperate could one be?

According to the reports from his subordinates, Zongzheng Huai En had brought all the doctors from the city who had put up signs to the inn last night. Seeing Xiao Bao's sluggish movements, it was clear that the cold poison had flared up. Thinking of him suffering alone in the deep mountains...

The plan he had meticulously laid out was completely disrupted. He had to retreat from Chifeng Cliff because of him. Many arrangements had to be reconsidered, and there was the risk of his identity being discovered by others due to these back-and-forths. In short, everything was in a mess because of this incompetent person.

Su Yin really hated iron for not becoming steel. He tried every possible way to keep Xiao Bao away from Huai En, but he ended up jumping into the fire himself. It felt like he was protecting something well, but he was forcing himself to be mistreated by others. It made him so angry he wanted to strangle himself.

Zhao Cai rushed in shortly after and draped a dark robe over Xiao Bao, glancing at Su Yin from the corner of his eye as he helped Xiao Bao put on the robe.

Su Yin coldly said, "Put on your clothes and get back to Dali immediately. If you take one more step out of the Su residence, I will make sure you can't even leave your room!"

Xiao Bao became anxious, looking at Su Yin with some fear. "Su Yin, I know what you intend to do, but..."

Su Yin pointed at him, warning, "I don't want to hear any of your nonsense. Whatever Que Siming told you, I'm telling you, you can't change anything. Get out of here now."

Xiao Bao blinked, pleading, "Su Yin... I didn't mean for him to die..."

Those words ignited Su Yin like a flame. He angrily raised his hand, about to slap him again.

Xiao Bao instinctively closed his eyes, then opened them to see Su Yin's hand frozen in mid-air. Seizing the moment, he grabbed Su Yin's sleeve, looking at him with a mixture of tears and smiles. "Su Yin, I know you look down on me, and I feel ashamed myself, but I... I don't want to see him again, but I didn't mean for him to die. Su Yin, could you... not kill him?"