Chapter 46

Xiaobao once again witnessed the ferocity with which Huai En treated his enemies.

He killed his foes aiming straight for their vitals, with every move intended to be lethal. To achieve this, he was willing to sacrifice himself as bait. Xiaobao finally understood why Huai En's martial arts were so outstanding, yet his body bore many scars. It wasn't just because he had fought to the death with others multiple times; it was because his fighting style was recklessly fearless. The attacks of the enemies were not unavoidable for him, yet he positioned himself in the most dangerous places, luring the enemies into his range of attack. It was best if he could dodge the enemy's swords and spears, but if he couldn't, he at least aimed to strike the opponent's throat in the next second. Was this Huai En's strategy when outnumbered by enemies?

Thinking back to the previous times Huai En was covered in wounds, each was a situation where he faced many alone, probably knowing that only by killing the others could he avoid further injury.

Xiaobao felt a severe heartache. Huai En was only fifteen years old; what was he bearing?

After repelling the men in black around him, Huai En's goal was simple and clear: capture the king among the thieves.

The young man, having witnessed Huai En's desperate fighting style, was somewhat terrified. But seeing the man covered in blood, with not a trace of emotion on his face yet with a ferocity in his eyes like a fierce deity, a sword thrust came towards him. He realized too late to dodge, knowing this strike would split him in two.

The sound of clashing swords was sharp and piercing. Four more people appeared in front of the young man, simultaneously raising their swords to block Huai En's fatal blow.

The young man's face turned pale, and he was quickly dragged back by the people behind him. A surging darkness weaved a thick curtain, securely protecting the young man behind it.

Huai En snorted coldly, pushing back with the resistance and retreating to stand in front of Xiaobao.

"I bet you sneaked out on your own, didn't you? With your skills, who would trust you to handle anything?"

The young man's face turned from green to red, embarrassed by being exposed and frustrated at being outmatched.

Xiaobao hurried forward, "Huai En, are you alright? You're bleeding."

Without looking back, Huai En kicked Xiaobao's sword up with the tip of his foot, tossing it into his hand, "It's just a flesh wound, nothing serious. Take care of yourself."

Holding the heavy sword in his hand, Xiaobao swallowed nervously. He longed to fight bravely alongside Huai En, perhaps even playing the hero in a critical moment. But he couldn't even remember the last time he practiced. With his skills, he was only good enough to guard a gambling house. That brat and those men in black were quite formidable, managing to approach silently and unnoticed even by Huai En, each with impressive skills. Although several lay on the ground now, many more were eying them greedily. Xiaobao feared he and Huai En would meet their end in this godforsaken cave.

Zhao Cai, Jin Bao, I was wrong. I shouldn't have disobeyed. Who will save them?

Seeing Huai En injured, Xiaobao felt a whirlwind of pain but was powerless. For the first time in his life, he deeply hated his own uselessness.

What did they want from Huai En? Xiaobao faintly felt it related to a previous attack on Huai En.

While he was pondering, the men in black attacked again. Huai En was surrounded, facing attacks from all directions. Xiaobao saw nothing but a web of sword lights enveloping Huai En, screams and moans never ceased, and blood splattered everywhere.