Chapter 49

"Kneel down!!"

Mr. Jin's rosewood cane struck the ground heavily, the sound causing Xiao Bao's shoulders to shudder.

Xiao Bao pouted, went up to hang on his father's shoulders, and cooed, "Dad, don't be angry, I've come back safely, haven't I? The weather has turned cool, would you bear to make me kneel?"

Mr. Jin glared at him, "I'll add a cushion for you!"

"Dad, I know you can't bear it, I was wrong, I dare not do it again next time. But I did it for you, didn't I? The last time you were so scared, it frightened us all. If I had taken Zhao Cai and Jin Bao with me, it would definitely have taken a long time."

Mr. Jin glared at him for a while, sighed, and his tone softened a lot, "Dad knows you're filial, but you can't be so careless... so carelessly run off to such a far place with a stranger. It's a time of many troubles now..."

"A time of many troubles? Dad, what's the matter?"

Mr. Jin coughed lightly and turned his face away, "So many people are eyeing our family. Have you forgotten the several kidnappings you encountered when you were younger? If it wasn't for Dad's protection, you wouldn't know how many times you could have died."

"Dad, the... my friend, his martial arts skills are very strong. Zhao Cai and Jin Bao together are not his match. I'm very safe with him." Xiao Bao thought thankfully that he had sealed the servants' mouths. If his parents knew they had been attacked outside Feng Chuan, this matter would never end.

Mr. Jin shouted, "What do you know about him, a man of unknown origin? What if he sells you off? All that growth for nothing, no brains at all."

Xiao Bao pouted and muttered quietly, "What you said is exactly like what Su Yin said."

Mr. Jin grabbed him for another round of lecturing, and Xiao Bao had to put on a smiling face until the end, finally managing to soothe his father. His mother and Xiao Yu were still sitting on the side, looking at him with stern faces.

Xiao Bao hurriedly moved closer to his mother, sitting beside her and smiling sweetly, "Mom, I missed you so much."

Mrs. Jin humphed and turned her head away, her eyes a bit red. Xiao Bao hugged his mother and cooed softly for a while, his mother was the easiest to appease in the family, a few soft words and she couldn't bear to stay mad at him.

Xiaobao picked up Xiaoyu again and sat her on his lap, pinching her little face, "Come, let brother have a look, yo yo, have you been crying? Don't cry, brother is back now, and I've brought you something fun."

Xiaoyu turned her head and bit his hand hard with a row of little sharp teeth, exerting a lot of force.

"Ouch ouch ouch, Xiaoyu, let go, quick, brother was wrong, brother was wrong!"

Then Xiaoyu let go, sniffing and asking him, "You promised not to run around anymore, you lied to me again."

"Brother was wrong, okay, I won't do it again, I'll tell you wherever I go in the future, okay?"

"You're lying!!"

"I really won't lie anymore in the future, really, this time it was because dad was sick, it was a special situation."

Xiaoyu stared at Xiaobao with her eyes red, and suddenly said very seriously, "When I take over the Jin family in the future, I will definitely not let you run around."

Xiaobao was startled and turned to look at his parents.

The elders shrank back for a moment, then met Xiaobao's gaze again. Mrs. Jin spoke up, "We've already talked to Xiaoyu about it."