Chapter 99

Before deciding to run out, Xiao Bao had anticipated the possibility of the cold poison flaring up. If it had been him from a year ago, he wouldn't have had the courage and determination he had now.

However, he couldn't have imagined facing the pain and despair of the cold poison alone in the pouring rain, in the cold, dark, deserted mountains.

The familiar yet never adaptable pain, like a blade of ice, began to erode his joints shortly after the rain started, then engulfed his entire body in sharp agony.

The already small cave could no longer contain him. He convulsed, rolling on the ground, emitting a broken, painful scream from his throat, rolling into the rain-soaked muddy ground.

After being soaked through, the cold poison multiplied in his body, making him feel like he was about to freeze into ice, then shatter in the next second. Every inch of his skin felt like it was being tortured, his bone seams as if being cut and torn by a sharp weapon, his blood as if frozen. His muscles stiffened, only able to maintain a posture of hugging himself, rolling in the mud, with every raindrop hitting him feeling like a thousand pounds.

This hellish pain only made him want to die immediately.

This flare-up was much more severe than any before. He didn't have a dry, warm environment, didn't have Que Siming, didn't have the continuous internal energy provided by Su Yin and the others, didn't have anyone's comfort and care, and couldn't even calm down to use the Warm Heart Sutra to save himself. He was just plunged into a kind of frantic fear, not knowing when it would end, or if it would end.

He was probably going to die here.

No one noticed, no one could save him. He ran out recklessly, it was just what he deserved.

If he had stayed in Dali, he would have had Zhao Cai Jin Bao, and Que Siming who had spared him a lot of suffering. He could have avoided so much pain, or he could have gotten through the difficulties with strong support and help, at least not like now, rolling in the mud like a dying animal, in despair.

What was he doing all this for?

Why did he run out knowing that such a thing might happen? When did he become so stupid, for what reason, to end up like this?

Why did he let himself be harmed like this? He just couldn't forget, couldn't let go, had to degrade himself to death!

It hurts so much!

Why did Jin Xiaobao have to suffer like this?!!

Why did he have to meet Huai En? If he hadn't been so curious that night, if he hadn't been so easily tempted, if he hadn't been so shameless later on, he definitely wouldn't be in this situation today.

Isn't this just self-inflicted suffering?

He just doesn't understand. He hasn't done anything wrong in his whole life, so why did fate send someone like this to torment him, and it's not even over yet.

He wishes he could just lose his memory, become stupid and forget all that damn trouble, and live the rest of his life carefree and at ease!!

Huai En, I must have killed your whole family and desecrated your ancestors' graves in my past life, which is why I'm so unlucky to meet you in this life.

And even in my unlucky state, I can't forget... I can't forget how much I liked you... how precious you were to me... how much I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life...

Even though it hurts so much, if you were to die...

Xiao Bao felt that his body had no warmth left. This time, the feeling was like being infinitely close to death, infinitely close.