Chapter 40

Thank you all for clicking the stars and for your comments. They put a smile on my face.

*

Huai En didn't continue to torment him. Instead, he held the overjoyed Xiaobao, who couldn't even speak clearly, and rested for a while before dragging him up to continue on their way.

Xiaobao was like a newlywed bride all the way, shyly stealing glances at Huai En with his swollen eyes that resembled walnuts. When they left the restaurant, they didn't know how many people were watching them, nor if it was Xiaobao's life-saving cries that had scared them, but now, in Xiaobao's eyes, there was no one else but Huai En. He was utterly immersed in immense happiness and satisfaction, thinking about what Huai En had just said, and he couldn't help but smile.

He really wanted to find a secluded place to laugh out loud, to kneel and thank all the gods for opening their eyes, as Huai En had finally opened his heart to him. What was once despair at the edge of a cliff, thinking that everything between him and Huai En was over, turned into an instant of clearing skies and blooming flowers.

Huai En said he would like him!! To Huai En, he was at least someone special. If anyone in the world could capture the heart of the beauty Huai En, he, without hesitation, was the most likely to succeed, currently the only one with a chance.

Moreover, Huai En had also started to be considerate towards him, only making him continue the journey after one instance.

All the past efforts were not in vain. This was indeed the happiest day in Jin Xiao Bao's life!

He really wanted to shout out how excited and joyous he felt. He, Jin Xiao Bao, was wealthy, elegant, blessed with good fortune, and now with his beloved in his arms, what life could be more perfect than this!!

He no longer cared about how the people around looked at Huai En. Let them look! Even if they go blind, he is mine, Jin Xiao Bao's person, hahaha, wishing he could label him, "Owned by Jin Xiao Bao, do not covet!"

From a young age, Xiaobao's pride and joy could easily be seen in the smug expression that often adorned his stupid face, making it impossible for Huai En not to notice how happy Xiaobao was. He could see his curved eyebrows and eyes, the fine white teeth, and Xiaobao's infatuated demeanor. Huai En's mood was also exceptionally pleasant, enveloped by a sensation he had never experienced before, indescribably wonderful.

However, being stared at by Xiaobao in such a manner was somewhat embarrassing. He was still surprised at himself for being able to say what he had said earlier, feeling shy upon reflection. With Xiaobao looking at him so unrestrainedly, he found himself reluctant to meet Xiaobao's gaze.

Huai En flicked his whip, carefully controlling his strength, and gave Xiaobao's buttocks a light smack, glaring at him, "Have you had your fill of staring?"

That whip seemed to tickle Xiaobao to his very soul, and that glance appeared to Xiaobao as shy yet coquettish, utterly captivating him.

Grasping the hand that held the whip, Xiaobao chuckled, "Huai En, I'm so happy today. This is the best day of my life. You're so beautiful, I could never tire of looking at you."

Huai En had long grown weary of Xiaobao's bold remarks, which seemed designed to provoke his ire. Yet now, they grated on his ears without sparking anger; instead, they brought a flush to his face, feeling a heat that seemed to spread from head to toe, turning away to ignore Xiaobao.

Xiaobao watched as Huai En's fair and slender neck turned red, feeling his mouth go dry and his heart rate accelerate.

Xiaobao's hands, softer and more delicate than many girls', now rested on the back of Huai En's hand, irresistibly caressing it. The tender friction between their skin was so enticing that the heat seemed to ignite at their touch, leaving them both feverishly warm.