Chapter 51

Upon seeing Xiao Bao, everyone was very excited, all standing up to greet him with clasped hands, "Young Master Jin, long time no see."

Xiao Bao hurriedly returned the greeting, puzzled, looking at Young Master Liu, "What... What is going on?"

Young Master Liu chuckled, "Big Young Master Jin, you've become a busy man recently. We haven't seen you for a month or so. A few days ago, Yi Cui Lou got a new courtesan, extremely charming. We were guessing whether Young Master Jin would again spend a fortune for that beauty's first night. Unexpectedly, it seems like Young Master Jin has vanished without a trace, nowhere to be found in all the pleasure grounds."

Son Sun added, "Yeah, Big Young Master Jin, you have no idea how much I missed you. Going out for fun without you just doesn't feel complete. I wonder what has been keeping Young Master Jin so busy lately."

Someone pretended to be mysterious, "I heard that Young Master Jin has hidden a peerless beauty at home, living a carefree life like a god every day, too lazy to even step out of the door. Seems like the rumors are true."

Xiao Bao laughed along with everyone else, but felt quite embarrassed inside. So, this was what he used to do?

Chen, who was quite close to him, stepped forward, linking his arm with Xiao Bao's, pretending to be serious, "Young Master Jin, you can't just forget about us because you have a beauty at home."

"Indeed, a beauty is good, but after all, there is only one. How can she compare to the endless allure of the world's beauty? However, Young Master Jin, just how beautiful is the beauty you've hidden at home, to make even the discerning Young Master Jin so infatuated? Are you planning a grand marriage with a sedan chair? When can we have the honor to see her face?"

Everyone agreed in unison.

Xiao Bao felt a chill down his spine. If they knew the person hidden at home was a genuine man, and that he was the one being dominated, his reputation as Young Master Jin, renowned for twenty years of romantic exploits, would be ruined overnight. How would he ever get by in Suzhou or even across the four provinces of Jiangnan?

Xiao Bao had no choice but to say that it was too early for such matters, requiring his father's approval, etc., skillfully diverting the conversation.

Then, led by Chen, they began to persuade Xiao Bao to have a drink with them, to have a good gathering.

Xiao Bao used to mix with these people often, so how could he not know that having a drink meant going to a place of ill repute? Currently worried about his father's health, he really didn't want to go. Even if he was fine, he also had no longing for those indulgent days anymore. Although it's inevitable for men to play roles in such scenes, the thought of going to a brothel, regardless of the myriad excuses, would be a betrayal to his own significant other. If Huan En found out, he didn't want to imagine the consequences.

Xiao Bao quickly excused himself, claiming he had matters to attend to, and decided then not to mix with this group anymore.

Young Master Liu presented a delicately crafted small wooden box to Xiao Bao, "Look, Young Master Jin, my father knew you were coming to collect the recipes and prepared everything early. Today, he was taken out by me, otherwise, he would have definitely come to welcome you personally. I've also prepared many herbs not found in the south, fearing that you might not be able to gather them all in time to start cooking for Elder Jin. Everything is ready; you just need to have your servant take the items back as soon as possible, so it won't delay your business."

Xiao Bao accepted the small wooden box, expressed his thanks, but still did not want to go, only saying he wished to return home quickly to prepare other ingredients.