Chapter 114

Huai En felt an unusual heaviness in his body, as if his limbs were filled with lead. However, he no longer felt the chilling cold of being in an ice cellar; instead, there was a hint of warmth.

The confusion in his mind, like fog, slowly dissipated. He struggled to open his heavy eyelids and glanced around through half-opened eyes.

He... wasn't dead, was he?

What a surprise...

"Huai En... Huai En? Huai En!! You're awake! Awake!!"

This voice...

Huai En tried to turn his neck but found he couldn't move anything except his eyeballs.

He forced his eyes open and saw a face he had imagined countless times. The face was tired and pale, with eyes swollen like walnuts, and dark circles underneath, looking at him anxiously. The circles were rapidly turning red.

Xiao Bao...

Huai En wanted to call out to him, but in reality, he could only move his lips symbolically, unable to make a sound.

Xiao Bao, however, could clearly see him. Once he confirmed it wasn't his own illusion, he pouted and suddenly burst into tears.

"Huai En... Huai En, you finally woke up. You scared me to death. Damn it, I almost couldn't save you. You finally woke up!!! Waaaah Huai En..."

Huai En looked at his face, twisted in a ball of tears, and suddenly felt like laughing. But as his expression changed, hot tears rolled down his cheeks.

Xiao Bao, if I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up...

Seeing him in distress, Xiao Bao quickly turned his head away, got up, and poured him a glass of water.

"Here, drink some water." Xiao Bao carefully helped Huai En up. He saw Huai En staring at him blankly, showing no reaction to the bowl brought to his mouth. Xiao Bao couldn't help but touch his forehead. Could he have a fever? No way...

"Huai En, are you awake? Can you understand me? Do you want to sleep a little longer?"

Huai En blinked, shook his head, and gently put his mouth on the rim of the bowl. Xiao Bao quickly fed him water.

Huai En was obviously very thirsty. He drank the whole bowl of water in a gulp.

Seeing this, Xiao Bao quickly poured another bowl and then wiped his mouth.

Huai En silently looked at him, unsure whether to speak or not. He didn't know if he could speak yet or what he should say, so he just stood there.

Xiao Bao felt uneasy and sat properly on the edge of the bed. "Uh... if you feel uncomfortable anywhere, tell me. You still can't eat. I've ordered some porridge to be cooked..."

Huai En leaned slowly but firmly against him. Xiao Bao looked at him in surprise as Huai En slowly pressed his lips against his.

Huai En's dry throat made a strange, hoarse, low moan, "Xiao... Bao..."

Xiao Bao, who had just stopped crying, burst into tears again. He gently held Huai En with both hands, burying his face in his shoulder. The joy of regaining him was beyond words. Holding him was like holding the whole world.

"It's over, isn't it? Everything has passed, right? We won't be separated again, right?"

Huai En closed his tired eyes and leaned trustingly against Xiao Bao's chest.

After the two hugged tenderly for a while, Xiao Bao suddenly exclaimed, "Oh no, I forgot, I need to call Que Siming now that you're awake..."

"Don't... leave..." Huai En opened his mouth and bit his neck lightly.

"Okay... I won't leave, I won't leave." Xiao Bao took a deep breath and shouted outside, "Zhao Cai, come in!"

The voice of Zhao Cai immediately sounded outside, "Young Master."

"Quick, call Que Siming, Huai En is awake."

"Ah... oh." There was a commotion outside.

Before long, the leisurely footsteps of Que Siming could be heard outside.

A group of people entered with him, including Zhao Cai and Jin Bao, while Su Yin, wanting to avoid the sight, had already returned to Dali on his own.

Que Siming was visibly impatient, his temper rising.

"Put him down, you're clinging to him."

Xiao Bao quickly and carefully laid Huai En back on the bed.

Que Siming went up and directly opened his clothes. Huai En made a muffled groan, his eyelashes trembling.

Xiao Bao hurriedly pleaded, "Please... be more gentle..."

Que Siming turned to him with a glare, "I've saved him once, can I afford to let him die again?"

Xiao Bao thought to himself, that's hard to say.

Su Yin's men, sent to retrieve Que Siming, seemed to have angered him along the way, returning in a fiery mood. Upon their return, they not only helped Huai En with his injuries but also cursed and threatened, saying that even if Huai En survived, he would be a cripple and better off buried early.

Despite Que Siming's unpleasant demeanor, his medical skills were truly extraordinary. Huai En's condition at the time was nearly fatal, yet Que Siming managed to pull him back from the brink of death. So, no matter how repulsive Que Siming's behavior was, Huai En dared not even breathe heavily.

After attending to Huai En for a while, Que Siming re-bandaged his wounds.

Before leaving, he patted Huai En's face and whispered, "I came back to save you on purpose; the price was very high."

Huai En blinked, silently acknowledging.

Que Siming stood up and addressed everyone, "Since he's now awake and out of danger, I'll observe him for another two days at most, and then I'll leave."

Xiao Bao quickly bowed to him, "Thank you, divine doctor, thank you."

Eventually, Que Siming left with Jin Bao on the second night.

Huai En's recovery ability was extremely strong, and his body improved day by day. Xiao Bao spent every day with him, looking happy. The two of them could spend half a day together without speaking, just leaning against each other.

Seeing that Huai En's body was already able to move, he couldn't stay in the inn forever. Xiao Bao wanted to return to Dali.

Huai En didn't care where he went, and Zhao Cai had long wanted to go back to see his little soft girl.

But Xiao Yu hesitated.

Xiao Bao immediately guessed her thoughts and felt a bit embarrassed. He reassured her, "Father and mother... have already gone to Jingxia Monastery to recuperate and won't be back for a short time."

Before leaving, Que Siming consulted with the Jin family elders. Feeling ashamed to face Xiao Yu, the elders decided to return to Jingxia Monastery to cultivate their minds and bodies. They agreed that when both sides felt ready to reconcile, it would not be too late to meet again.

Xiao Yu finally felt relieved. Her feelings towards the Jin family elders were extremely complicated. During her three years with the Jin family, they had treated her with great love and care, genuinely considering her as their own. However, they were also her sworn enemies, making it difficult for her to reconcile these conflicting emotions.

Not wanting to cause trouble for her brother, she decided it was best not to meet them.

The group then made preparations and set off for Dali.