Chapter 116

The main hall had eight large doors, four main doors, and two side doors on each side, providing a wide field of vision.

From afar, several people could see a slender figure standing with hands behind his back, slightly tilting his head to look at the wealthy peony painting on the central wall of the hall.

Upon hearing footsteps, he turned around.

Xiao Bao's heart skipped a beat. This person... looks somewhat like...

The man was tall and graceful, with a handsome and extraordinary face, a gentle and elegant temperament. He had a smiling face and an air of a true gentleman, making people feel favorable towards him.

Su Yin gestured for Xiao Bao and Huai En to come forward, saying, "Come and meet the Third Prince."

Xiao Bao suddenly understood. No wonder he looked so much like the Duke Shen. It's said that the Third and Fourth Princes were brothers from the same mother.

Xiao Bao hurriedly bowed, as if about to kneel.

The Third Prince, Zongzheng Qiyuan, waved his hand with a smile, "Ah, let's skip these formalities, it's not like we're in the palace."

Only then did Xiao Bao straighten up, feeling a lot more relaxed.

Having a dignified prince waiting at home was a bit overwhelming for his heart.

Although this prince appeared friendly, even his voice was as refreshing as a spring breeze, he was still a prince after all. Can a tiger that smiles not bite? Moreover, he didn't know the purpose of this visit.

Xiao Bao secretly broke out in a cold sweat.

Only Huai En stood straight from beginning to end, showing no intention of kneeling, until Zongzheng Qiyuan smiled at him.

He merely nodded in acknowledgment.

Zongzheng Qiyuan scrutinized him from head to toe, marveling, "So alike, truly alike. Back then, during the banquet hosted by Princess Xue, her glance and smile astonished many imperial relatives and nobles. Although I was young at that time, I was also infatuated by Princess Xue's beauty. Unfortunately, beauty is fleeting... However, in this life, I am fortunate to see this visage again, which can be considered a resolution to a major regret of mine."

Huai En generally disliked others making comments about his appearance. It wasn't his choice to look this way, nor was it his choice to be born as Princess Xue's son. So many people were fixated on his mother, which made him feel extremely annoyed.

Zongzheng Qiyuan seemed to sense his displeasure, but he remained unperturbed. He smiled and gestured, "Please, everyone, have a seat."

Everyone sat down.

Zongzheng Qiyuan took a sip of tea, glanced at Huai En, then at Xiaobao, and smiled, "Is this Young Master Jin?"

Xiaobao was startled and quickly stood up, bowing, "Yes, Your Highness, it is I."

"Ah, please, sit, don't be nervous."

Only then did Xiaobao sit down.

Zongzheng Qiyuan then turned to Huai En and said, "Nephew, the reason I came this time is actually related to your second brother."

Huai En replied calmly, "He has nothing to do with me anymore."

"You've been in the Tongjiao sect for so many years, how can you say it has nothing to do with you?"

Xiaobao, feeling anxious, blurted out, "Your Highness, although that man is his father, he has become incredibly wicked and disregards any father-son affection. Look at all the injuries he has caused. Huai En has no relationship with him anymore." This prince is forcefully tying his wife and a traitor together. What does he want to do?