Introduction

November 2015

Parker Schnabel is a 21-year old man from Alaska. You might know him from his appearance on the reality show, Gold Rush. But that is only his work life. He's from Haines, Alaska and lives there when he's not working in the Yukon or traveling. He is a gold miner by trade, obviously. He is the boss at his operation, and he leases his claim from Tony Beets.

He has brown shaggy hair and a little facial hair. His eyes are brown and he is a lanky 6'2". His parent's names are Roger and Nancy Schnabel. His Grandpa John is a big part of his life, and has been his best friend. He has a dog named Dozer. He is nice most of the time, unless someone messes up and he thinks it could've been avoided and it costs him. He has been told that he has a short temper, and he knows he does and tries to work on it.

My name is Nicole. I'm originally from Haines, Alaska. I moved from Haines to Bladenboro, North Carolina when I was twelve years old. I have long brown hair and blue eyes. I'm average height and skinny. I've always wanted to move back, and now that I'm 19, I did. I chose to move back not long ago and I am now living in my little trailer. No one knows I've moved back except my family and friends back home, well, now, I guess Haines is my home again. I know what you're thinking. Why would a young girl want to go to a place where it's cold all the time? Well, it's not cold all the time. Actually, some states in the lower 48 are colder, at least where I live in Alaska.

I moved back because it's beautiful here. The northern lights are something you never forget, and they're so beautiful. The snow is so white, and the sun rising through the mountains and onto the water is something you wake up for. The people are great, I know everyone here, and they all love me. They used to say that I would be Haines's sweetheart when I got to be a teenager. Well, I moved before I had that chance. Now I'm back, and I couldn't be happier to reconnect with my old friends.

Parker and I were best friends. And I'm not exaggerating that just because he's kind of famous now. We were best friends, I knew everything about him and vice versa. I knew his family, and he knew mine. We hung out all the time, along with some other kids from time to time. Imagine my surprise when I saw a sixteen year old Parker on television one night with my dad for the first time in about three years. I called him, but he didn't answer. Turns out, he was at his basketball game. He called me the next morning and we talked for hours for the first time in at least a year. Ever since then, we've stayed in touch as best we can, what with his work and all. Every time he gets a spare moment, he calls me. We are long-distance best friends, well, not long-distance anymore.

I haven't told him that I've moved back yet. We've talked about me moving back, but I haven't told him when I was moving back. It's going to be a total surprise. He might hate me for not telling him, but he'll forgive me. His mom knows, she's the one that helped me get a place to stay. I can't wait to see the look on his face when I go to his house and surprise him.

My trailer is a little one about ten minutes from his house. I just moved in yesterday. It's a nice little starter home, two bedrooms and one bathroom. I'm going to his house today. He still lives with his parents because he's really only home about a fourth of the year all together with work and traveling. He's helping his dad this morning and his mom said that I could come while he's gone so she and I could catch up, and I can surprise him.

For all he knows, I'm in North Carolina working right now. I actually just got through texting him a message. He's always talking about how me and him need to get together and hang out. I have a feeling we're going to be doing a lot of that for a while. I can't wait to see his grandpa and grandma. They're like my grandparents to me. Well, here I go to his house.