Chapter 6

(((November 11, 2015)))

When someone you love becomes a memory, you realize how important the moments were that make up the memories...

Parker's POV
I woke up the next morning, and she was turned away from me with her head under the covers. I guess she hasn't changed; she still moves in her sleep and likes her head covered with her blanket. I smirked at her and picked up my phone from the carpet. I looked at the time, 10:38. I had a lot of messages, missed calls, and notifications. I saw that Mom had texted me a lot.

Mom:
Parker, are you coming home?
Parker, Payson said you were staying with Nicole for a while, but he thought that you were coming home.
I tried to call you.
I tried to call Nicole. No answer.
I want to know if you both are alright. I can't get an answer from either one of you.

I texted her back.
Mom, it's fine. I stayed at her house last night. We'll go to the house in a little while.

Then I had texts from my friends. I texted them back various responses, then I came to one that made me roll my eyes. It was from Kristy.

Kristy:
Parkie ( I hate when she calls me that, because Kayleigh and Nicole called me that first) I miss you. We need to hang out sometime.
Parkie, I thought you were texting me.
Call me later, babe. Kisses

I rolled my eyes and texted her back.
Kristy, I can't talk to you anymore.

I was scrolling through my phone when she texted me back.

Kristy:
What do you mean?
Me:
I can't talk to you anymore.
Kristy:
Why not?
Me:
I have a girlfriend now.
Kristy:
That never stopped you before.
Me:
This one is different. I can't talk to you anymore.
Kristy:
Did she make you say that?
Me:
No. You just need to get it in your mind that we're through.
Kristy:
You know you want this
Me:
No, I don't. I have a great girl beside me right now. Bye Kristy.
Kristy:
Parkie I love you.
Me:
I don't love you. Leave me alone.

After that last message, I blocked her number. I didn't want Nicole seeing her texting me and feel like I was talking to her. I got up and went to the bathroom. A few minutes later, I came back into her room, and she was sitting up in her bed looking at her phone. I went and sat beside her.

"Good morning, baby." I said.

She didn't respond to me. I put my arm around her and kissed her head. "I said good morning, baby."

She turned to me and buried her head in my shirt. She wrapped her arms around my waist and started crying.

"Wha- why are you crying? What happened? Baby, what's wrong?" I said, worried. She handed me her phone, and I looked at her messages. Her best friend, which just so happened to be her cousin, had texted her.

Best Friend:
I'm so sorry that I have to be the one to tell you this. The hospital said that you didn't answer your phone. Kayleigh was with us last night while your mom and dad went out. They got in a car accident and died. I'm so sorry, you need to come home as soon as possible. Call me when you can if you want. I'm here for you. I love you so much.

I was in shock. I scrolled through her other messages from various members of her family. She had almost a hundred missed calls. The messages indicated that they died around 2:00 last night their time. I guess she forgot to check her phone last night after she got home. I held her in my arms as she cried. I felt a tear in my eye.