Chapter 17

(((November 20, 2015)))
Parker's POV
I woke up the next morning before she did. I feel kind of bad about ignoring her yesterday. Maybe if I be all nice and stuff, she'll change her mind and go with me.

I turned over and saw her with her back facing me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and snuggled her while she was sleeping. She smells so good. She started to move around and wake up, and she turned towards me.

"Mm..." She mumbled as she turned. "Parker." She said sleepily with her eyes still closed. She put her arm around me.

"Good morning." I said to her.

"Mm...morning." She looked up and smiled.

"Are you awake? Or are you still half asleep?"

She stretched and rubbed her eyes. "I'm awake." She yawned.

"Good. Hey, I'm sorry for acting like such a dick yesterday."

"It's alright."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I forgive you."

"Okay, good.....so will you please go with me?"

"No, Parker."

"But why not?"

"I don't want to."

"Ugh, fine." I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. She really does not want to go with me for some reason.

I walked back and started packing my things. "If you wanted me to drop you off, you better start getting ready. I'm leaving in thirty minutes." I said, not stopping to look at her.

She sat on the bed with her arms crossed for a few minutes until she got up and went to the bathroom. She started packing up her stuff before getting dressed. I carried our bags to the back of the truck. Before long, we were ready to go. We basically didn't talk the whole time. She carried the rest of her stuff out to the truck and sat in the shotgun seat while I was still getting my things from the room. I got into the truck about five minutes later and drove off towards the ferry.

The ride there was silent, and I turned up the radio. We got to the dock, and she got out and shut the door. I rolled down my window and asked her if she wanted me to help her. She refused, saying that she could do it herself. I rolled the window back up, and blasted my music back up. I drove off when I saw her sit on the bench with all her bags and stuff.
***
Nicole's POV
I arrived at Haines, and Parker's mom was waiting for me with a smile. She greeted me with a hug and helped me carry my things to her truck. We talked as we drove down the road.

"So how are you doing? You're awful quiet." Ms. Nancy said.

"I'm fine. I just don't feel great, and Parker's mad at me because I didn't want to go with him."

"Why don't you feel good, honey?"

"Yesterday I was nauseated and lightheaded, my head hurt, and it still does. My stomach hurts, like cramping."

"Do you have medicine?"

"No. I did when Parker gave me some yesterday, but now I don't."

"Why didn't you get some today?"

"Because he was being mean, and I just didn't want to talk to him."