Chapter 70

(((May 10, 2016)))
Parker's POV

"Hey, baby!" I yelled as I put my arm up in the air, waving to her.

I smiled as I started running out of the excavator I had just jumped out of. I saw the blue eyed girl smiling as she ran her fingers through her hair. I ran up to her and hugged her, picking her up and spinning her around in the process.

"Ah, Parker!" Nicole squealed. "Put me down!"

I obeyed, and she fixed her shirt and hair again.

"I missed you, babe." I smiled as I put my arm around her and we started walking towards the tent.

"I missed you too." She smiled.

"You tired?"

"A little, but not much. I'll sleep good tonight, though." She answered. "So how much gold did you get?

"Eh, not as much as I was hoping for." I answered solemnly.

"Well, you'll do better next week, honey." Nicole smiled. "I know you will."

"I hope so." I huffed as we sat down on the bench under the tent.

I smiled as I felt her kiss on my lips.

"You will. I have some news to tell you." She said as she went to fiddling with her fingers.

"What?" I smirked.

"Um.... I don't know if I should tell you right now." Nicole said.

"Well, you might as well tell me now." I replied. "I'm in a pretty good mood right now."

"Uh...well...the thing is, baby..." Nicole said hesitantly.

"What is it, honey?" I asked her as I held one of her hands.

"Well...um..." She took a deep breath before looking up at me. "I'm pregnant."

I was legitimately speechless. I had no idea what to say or think. My jaw dropped, and I sat there thinking, how did that happen? She was using birth control, right?

"Uh...." My voice lingered as I tried to think of what to say. "You're pregnant?"

"Yeah." Nicole answered quietly. "I went to the doctor yesterday. That's the real reason I didn't come back yesterday. I'm sorry that I lied to you about it. I just didn't want you to know until I was absolutely sure."

"Yeah, um..." I stuttered. "It's fine."

"Baby," Nicole smiled a little as she rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb. "We're having a baby."

"I'm just kinda shocked." I smirked slightly.

"I was too. I was so scared. I was scared about what Mom and Dad would say. I was scared about what you would say."

"You already told Mom and Dad?" I asked, raising one of my eyebrows.

"Yeah." She answered. "They're happy now, after they got over the surprise. I know that they'll support us and help us while we're starting out. It is their grandchild."

"Damn." I said as I ran my hands through my hair. "We're having a baby, ain't we?"

"Yeah, baby." Nicole smiled shyly. "We're going to have a little baby."