Chapter 40

(((February 7, 2016)))
Nicole's POV
It is now Sunday morning, and we are all ready to get on a plane to go see Grandma and Grandpa in California. Payson is planning on driving there from Vegas tonight. Parker, Hannah, and I are getting on a plane at 1:00.

It is chaotic this morning. We all put off packing until the last minute. Hannah is packing, while she has her phone to her ear talking to Payson. Parker and I can't get much of anything done because we get distracted with playing with each other. The dogs bark and run around the house, playing. I'm almost positive that we're going to forget something.

"You can't take me down, Schnabel." I said as I looked up at Parker. Somehow we had gotten into a conversation of who would win in a fight.

"Yes, I can, Nicole Elizabeth." He smiled down. He's about a foot taller than me; I'm 5'3", he's 6'2". I was standing on my tiptoes trying to make myself taller.

"No, you can't. You can't hit a girl." I said seriously. I was going to win this conversation.

"No....but I can tickle one!" He said as he threw me on the bed and started tickling me.

"Ah! No! Parker! Stop!" I yelled through the laughs.

"Say I win!" He chuckled as he got on top of me and tickled me.

"No!" I laughed. "Hannah! Help!"

Hannah came running into the room, but stopped and laughed at the doorway. "You nuts." She laughed. "I thought something was wrong. Payson, they are laying on the bed and Parker is tickling the life outta her." She said into the phone.

"Hannah! Put the phone down and help me!" I laughed.

"You better not, Hannah. I'll tickle both of you." Parker said.

Hannah snapped a picture of us playing on the bed together with my Polaroid. Then she set the phone down and jumped on Parker's back. He threw her off his back onto the bed, and started tickling us each with one hand. But, he couldn't keep us both down with one hand. I grabbed his arm, and Hannah grabbed his other arm. We threw him off the bed and ran into the living room, laughing. Parker wasn't far behind though. He started tickling me again until I finally gave in and said that he won.

"You did get away, though. You did good, babe." He said, out of breath, as he gave me a hug.

"That wasn't fair. You know where I'm ticklish." I smiled, equally out of breath.

"You weirdos need to finish packing. It's almost time to go." Hannah said as she walked down the hall.

"She's right. We still have to drop the dogs off."
***
We were in sunny California by 4:00, after three and half hours or so of plane riding. Luckily, I seriously doubt that we forgot anything, because Hannah and I checked everything at least ten times before we left. We landed, got all our luggage, and walked out to the rental car that Parker had arranged.

"Okay, so where's the car or truck or whatever?" I asked as we were standing in the parking lot.

"Right here." Parker said as he walked up to a Chevrolet Tahoe.

We drove to the hospital right the start with, after we stopped by a fast food restaurant and got something to eat. We were at the hospital around 5:00.

We all three walked into the San Leandro Hospital, Parker holding my hand as we walked. Parker and I walked up to the desk, while Hannah waited for us.

"John Schnabel's room number, please." Parker said to the desk lady.

"I have to see if he's accepting visitors." She said as she picked up the phone. "Name?"