Chapter 8

(((November 12, 2015)))
Nicole's POV
I woke up the next morning, and Parker wasn't there beside me. I grab my phone from the bedside table and look at the time, 11:23. I walk out of the room and down the hall. I see Parker in the rocking chair watching some show. He turns to me and smiles, causing me to smile back, regardless of what was going to happen in the day ahead.

"Good morning, sunshine." Parker said.

"Good morning, baby." I said as I sat beside him on the armrest. I gave him a hug, and he kissed me on the forehead.

"When are we going over there?" He said, referring to my aunt's house.

"I guess we need to get ready and go now." I said. "I really don't want to though. I don't want to cry anymore. I'm fine just being here right now and not thinking about it."

"Well, we don't have to go right now. Just sit here with me and watch the show."

"Okay, that sounds good." I said as I sat with him in the chair.

We watched the show and a couple shows after it. It was a little after 1:00 when my phone rang. I ran back to the room and looked at who was calling. It was Hannah. I quickly answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey."

"Hey, Hannah."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing, just watching TV with Parker at the house."

"Why are you not here?"

"I'm scared. I don't want to face this anymore."

"Staying at home won't make it go away, honey."

"I know, I know. But when I'm with him, it's like nothing's wrong, like everything's fine. But I know if I go over there, I'm going to go back to the way I was last night."

"You're going to be fine. No one's here except for us, and Aunt Marie is here. You have to come. You know you do."

"Yeah, I know. I'll be there in a little while."

"Okay. Bye, I love you."

"Love you too, bye." I said as I hung up the phone.

I walk back into the living room and sit back down with Parker.

"Who was calling you?" Parker asked as he put his arm back around me.

"Hannah. She wants us to go over there. I told her we would be there in a little while."

"I know you don't want to go over there, but you'll be fine. I'm with you."

"That's another thing. Nobody has met you except for Kayleigh, and she doesn't even remember you. I just have a feeling that it's going to be kind of awkward with you there, and nobody knows who you are."

"It'll be fine. I have experience in meeting people. It won't be awkward, I promise."

"Okay, I just don't need to stress about anything else right now."

"I know. It'll be fine, and my family will be here around 7:00. That way, if you don't want to be around the people over there, we can just go hang around my crowd."