Chapter 5

Parker's POV
Payson and I were sitting on the steps of her house. We had been sitting there for a few minutes. I decided that I would call her and see what was taking her so long.

The phone rang a few times, and she answered. "Hey," she said.

"Hey. Where are you at? We're at your house right now."

"I stopped by the store to get something to drink. I'll be there in a few."

"Did you get me something to drink too?"

"I got a big Pepsi for all of us."

"Is your door locked?"

"Yeah. Just wait a few, and I'll be there."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

She hung up the phone, and I set the phone on the steps beside me.

"She'll be here in a few minutes." I told Payson.

"Cool. Man, you scored with her. She's too good for you." He said as he nudged my back.

"Dude, I was so scared to ask her. I thought she was going to say no. And I wasn't planning on asking her today, but it just kinda happened."

"Man, I don't know what she sees in you."

"Well, thanks, man. At least I have one."

After a few minutes of arguing over who was better, she pulled up. We said our hellos and walked into her house after she had unlocked the door.

"Okay, guys, my bed is over there with my mattress." She said as she pointed to the corner.

"Okay. Just chill out and we'll get it together." I said as I walked around the house. She walked by me in the hallway and I stopped her by wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Well, if you guys don't need me, I'm getting in the shower." She said as she held my arm.

"Yeah, get in the shower, Nick. Parker isn't going to get anything done with you around right now." Payson said as he walked by us carrying a part of the bed.

"Shut up." I said to Payson. "Yeah, get in the shower." I said. I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

"Okay." She said. She walked into the living room and started looking through boxes for clothes, I guess. I started picking up parts of the bed. She walked into the bathroom with her clothes and a towel while I went into her room. Payson and I started working on the bed.
***
Nicole's POV
After I got out of the shower and got dressed, I walked into my room. The guys were sitting on my bed arm wrestling, like typical guys. I go and sit beside Parker on my newly put-together bed.

"Hey, guys. Who's winning?" I asked.

"We're tied so far. This is the tiebreaker. I think I got him." Parker said.

They both strained to keep their arms up. Before long, Parker had won.

"Yes! I won!" Parker said.

"Yeah, yeah." Payson said.

"Thank you guys for putting my bed up." I said as I gave Parker a little kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, where's mine?" Payson smiled.

I smiled and went and gave him a little kiss on the cheek too. "Thank you, big brother." I said to him.

"Hey, she's my girlfriend, man." Parker joked.

"Aw, is you jealous?" I said as I sat beside him and held his arm.

"No." He said. "Can I stay over for a little while?" He whispered to me.

"Sure." I said back to him.

"Payson, you wanna go home? I'm staying here for a little while." Parker said.

"Yeah, I wanna go home. You driving me?" He said back.

"Just take my truck. The keys are on the counter." Parker said.

"You sure, man?"

"Yeah." Parker answered.

"Okay, bye guys." Payson said as he started to walk out.

"Bye." We said.

"You sure you want to do that? I'm going to have to drive you home." I said.

"Who said I'm going home?" He smiled and winked.

I smiled. I had butterflies in my stomach. I heard Payson go out the door. "Well, I'm going to put the bed clothes on the bed. You wanna help me?"

"Sure." He said. We walked into the living room, and I found the bed clothes box. I walked back into my room with him following behind me. We put the bed clothes on my bed. "Okay so now what?" He said.

"Well, I don't have cable yet, so we can't watch any shows."

"You have like a million movies."

"True. Let's go get my TV and move in here."

We moved the television from the living room into my room, which was fairly easy once we got it on the rolling stand. Then Parker hooked up my VCR while I looked for a good movie. I know, VCRs are so 90s, but all of my favorite movies are on tape.

"Parker, you wanna watch The Lion King?" I called from the living room to my room. I'm a kid at heart; I love Disney movies.

"What about Old Yeller?" He called back. He knows me too well to ask to watch something other than a Disney movie on a tape.

"I'm just going to get like five movies and bring in there, okay?" I called.

"Okay." He said back. I walk into my room carrying tapes, and he's laying on my bed.

"Well, thanks for the help." I teased him.

"I plugged in the VCR. I just got through."

"Mmhm." I set the tapes on the carpet as I sit down. I put in Old Yeller and jumped on the bed with him.

"It's like we're five years old again. We're laying in your bed watching movies." Parker laughed.

"Yeah, we did this all the time. You stayed at my house all the time."

"Yeah, and now you have your own house, and you're my girlfriend."

"Yup. I never pictured you as my boyfriend."

"Well, now I am."

"And I'm happy." I smiled as we covered up with my blanket.

"Me too."

We got comfortable on the bed. He put his arm around the back of my neck, and I put my head on his chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist. His other hand was either behind his head or on my arm. We watched the movie together while he would occasionally rub my back.

Throughout the night, we watched about four or five movies. I fell asleep during Bambi. The last thing I remember is laughing at Thumper. He had fallen asleep about ten minutes before me. I love being back home in Haines. I have family here with my new boyfriend. I hope that every night ends like this, partly because last night I was scared to be by myself. He makes me feel protected and safe. I'm so happy that he's mine.