Chapter 92

(((July 19, 2016)))
Nicole's POV

I was humming along to the radio and washing dishes before I started dinner when Parker came storming in, slamming the door behind him and sitting at the table. He threw open the book that held all the finance information and started mumbling to himself.

"Parker, what's wrong? Why aren't you out there working?" I asked him.

"Turn that damn noise off." Parker said.

I reached over and turned the radio off. "Now what's wrong?"

"Rick acts like he doesn't have an operation of his own and just needs to act like he knows what he's doing. I mean he's been here for five years he should know by now what needs to be done and what can wait." Parker ranted. "And it doesn't look like we'll have a great total this week either."

"You just fussed Rick out, didn't you?" I asked.

"Maybe." Parker replied.

"Baby, I know you're stressed. And I know you're trying to figure out how to make up for all the short weeks. But you know Rick doesn't deserve to be fussed at. You wanna go fuss at somebody? Fuss at one of the new guys that you're probably about to fire."

Parker smirked. "Next year I'm not doing all these new people. They're just more headache."

"Good." I said. "Now why don't you quit worrying and go work?"

"You trying to get rid of me?" Parker smirked at me.

"No, I'm about to go out to the gold room and see Chris and Sharon though." I told him. "I just gotta cook this meat and noodles and then put it in this big pot with the spaghetti sauce."

"You making garlic toast too?" Parker asked.

"Of course." I smirked. "That's the best part."

"You're right." Parker said as he shut the books. "This is doing nothing. I'm going to go check on some stuff outside and then I'll meet you at the gold room, alright?"

"You're bipolar." I laughed.

"No, I'm not." Parker said as he walked out the door.

"You kinda are." I mumbled to myself as I dumped noodles in a pot before reaching over and turning the radio back on.

***

"What'd you get Parker for his birthday, Nicole?" Simon asked me as he filmed me coming out of the kitchen.

"Were you just waiting for me to come out, Simon?" I smirked as I walked with him following beside me.

"What?" He smiled. "Not at all."

"Stalker." I said.

"So what'd you get him?" He asked again.

"That's for me to know and Parker to find out." I stuck my tongue out.

"We're filming the birthday party anyway." Simon said.

"Well, maybe I'm not giving him his present at the birthday party." I smirked.

"Oh, it's like that, is it?" Simon smiled.

"Shhh." I put a finger up to my mouth. "Parker don't know that I got him something. You best keep your mouth shut. Go film something else."