Chapter 75

(((June 5, 2016)))
Nicole's POV

"Come on, Parker!" I yelled as I started walking to the truck. "We have to go!"

Parker stopped talking to Rick over by the wash plant, and made his way over to the truck. I was now thirteen weeks pregnant, and Parker and I were planning to make our way into Haines for my second doctor's appointment and my first ultrasound. I'm almost in my second trimester, and my belly is getting bigger everyday, it seems like. I'm not too big yet, but I'm bigger than I've ever been, so to me, I'm big.

"You got everything?" Parker asked me as he got in the truck.

"Yep." I smiled.

"You and little baby ready to roll?" Parker smirked as he cranked the truck.

"Ain't we always?" I smiled.

Parker smiled as we drove down the road leading out of the claim.

"You think the guys will be able to cope without us there?" I joked.

"I'm sure they will." Parker said as he leaned back in his seat. "Rick said he could manage both the operations."

"And Bree said that she would make sure the guys ate."

"Yeah, they'll be fine for three days while me and you go to the doctor."

"Oh, my gosh, Parker!" I squealed and pulled on his arm.

"What?" Parker chuckled.

"We're going to see our baby for the first time!" I exclaimed. "Ain't you excited to see your little son or daughter?"

"Yeah, I guess." Parker smiled at me.

"You know you are." I smiled. "Oh, while we're in town, I need to get a baby book. Oh, wait, I won't know whether to get a pink or a blue one."

"Blue." Parker said.

I scoffed and smiled. "What if it's a girl?"

"Get a blue baby book. If it's a girl, you can get another one. But, we're having a boy. I can feel it." Parker smirked.

"Oh, really?" I smiled. "You're not the one with the baby inside you. I feel like it's a girl."

"No, you don't." Parker scoffed. "You were talking the other day to Hannah about how you thought it was a boy."

"Well, maybe my feeling changed." I said.

Parker smirked, "You just don't like me assuming the gender."

I laughed. "I think we find out the gender at twenty weeks, so not the next time I go, but the time after that."

Parker groaned. "So long. And then I won't even know then because you want to do the gender reveal party."

"That reminds me. I need to start planning that with Hannah so we can maybe possibly have it sometime around your birthday." I smiled. "I don't know though, it'll probably be after your birthday when we find out the gender."

"Yeah, it'll probably be after my birthday. So the gender reveal and the baby shower is separate, right?"

"Yeah." I nodded as I was texting Mom that we were on the way. "The baby shower will be a few weeks before my due date. I can't believe I'm already almost in my second trimester, Parker. It seems like I just got pregnant."

"Well, it's only been four weeks since you found out." Parker pointed out.

"True." I agreed. "Hannah said the her and Payson want pictures of the baby from today. So don't forget to remind me to ask the nurse for more than one copy."