Chapter 55

(((February 29, 2016)))
Nicole's POV
It's been three days since I've even laid eyes on Parker. I've been staying home, not going to his house. It's pretty boring just sitting here, but I have Hannah here, now that Payson went home last night. Hannah and I have been talking a lot, and most of the time I end up in tears because we talk about me and Parker.

I miss my boyfriend, my baby, my Parker. I miss how he held me when we slept. I miss how he would pull me into his lap, just to hold me. I miss giving him hugs and kisses all the time. I miss the feel of his hands. I miss playing with his hair when I'm bored or when we're talking in bed. I miss talking to him, and I miss the little nothings he would whisper in my ear. I miss the way he smiles, and I miss how he would make me smile. Most of all, I just miss him, and no one can make me feel the way that I feel about him.

Talking to Sammy was a mistake. A big mistake. It was by far the dumbest thing that I've ever done. It has put my relationship in jeopardy. Honestly, I don't know why I felt the need to talk to Sammy. I guess it was because he was kind of the first guy that I really liked. Back in high school, I thought Sammy might have been the one, but he's not. He's so not. Sammy is a great guy, but he's not mine. Only Parker is mine. I just wish I could go back to December and stop myself from sending that text.

I got a shower this morning, and when I got out, I just put my night clothes back on and put my wet hair in a bun. I really didn't care about how I looked at this point. I was getting stress acne, because I've been stressed out about Parker and I and what I'm going to do. My eyes probably looked like I had been crying nonstop, which I had been doing.

I was sitting in the living room watching a show, and Hannah came and sat beside me.

"How you doing today?" Hannah smiled.

"Same as I've been for the past three days." I said.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"It's not your fault. It's my own fault. Parker's never done anything but love and take care of me." I started to cry. "And I blow it because of Sammy. I knew that it was wrong. Parker hates me now."

"Parker doesn't hate you." Hannah said.

"He sure doesn't love me anymore." I cried.

"You don't know that."

"I broke his trust. I ruined our relationship. He's never going to want to be with me again."

Hannah just hugged me while I was crying again.

***

It was around 2:30. I had calmed down from earlier and was sitting in the living room on the couch while Hannah was sitting in front of me on the floor doing her schoolwork on her laptop. I was helping her. I wasn't in a particularly good mood, though. How could I be?

Then, I heard a knock on the front door. Hannah went and saw who it was. When I asked her who it was, she only opened the door, allowing the person to step in. I turned my head and saw the tall, skinny man with a hat covering his shaggy hair as he looked down at his feet.

"What is it, Parker?" Hannah asked him.

"I-uh-I kinda wanna talk to Nicole." He mumbled.

"Well, she's over there." Hannah said.

"Nick, can you come outside on the porch?" Parker asked me.

"Sure." I whispered as I stood up.

I followed Parker outside, shutting the door behind me. I saw him leaning over the wooden rail as he watched the dogs play outside together. I just sat down on the porch and leaned against the outside of the house. It was about five minutes later when he finally found the words to say.