Chapter 24

(((December 13, 2015)))
Parker's POV
This morning I woke up, and I heard Nicole in the shower. I had took a shower last night, so I just started getting ready. I knew that she wanted to be at her aunt's house as soon as possible. She has to help cook and clean. I said that I would help set the tables and stuff up. Other than that, I'll probably play with the kids outside or watch television. Leave the girls to do their girl stuff.

That puppy that I'm getting her, I got one of my buddies to go pick it up from Tyson. He's just going to drop it off with Mom at the house. She said that she would take care of him this week. I have to say, it's a pretty pup; it's a boy. She'll love that dog, maybe even more than she does me. (Haha)

She came into the room in her jeans and tank top. She smiled at me when she saw that I was awake.

"Hey, babe. Can I borrow one of your hoodies?" She said as she was looking through my bag.

"Sure, but you sure it's cold enough for that?"

"Well, if not, I'm wearing this tank top under it."

"Take one of my tee shirts."

"What if I get cold?"

"Take a hoodie too." I couldn't help but chuckle to myself at her little faces she makes.

"Okay, I'm wearing your 'Schnabel 15' shirt and I'm carrying your Big Nugget hoodie."

"Sounds good. Throw me a shirt, will ya?" I held my hand out.

She dug through the bag and pulled out a tee shirt. "Here." She threw the shirt to me. "You want a long sleeve shirt or hoodie?"

"Maybe a flannel."

She pulled out a blue flannel and threw it to me.

"Thanks babe." I said.

"You're welcome. What time do we need to leave by?"

"Well, it should take about four and a half hours to get there, all together. I got us a cabin in Boone. The guy said that there's a gate thing, and I need a key to get in the house. Leave about 4:30?"

"Sounds good. It should be over by then. All we're doing is eating and exchanging gifts. We're doing this game where we bring one present and everybody picks a present. That's why I only brought two presents."

"What kinda presents they give out?"

"Money, gift cards, food, you'll like it."

"So it's not like our family where everyone gives everyone a present?"

"No. Everyone gets one present, except the kids. I was told that I didn't have to buy all the kids a present."

"Okay, cool."

"So what's our cabin like?"

"You'll like it. Just wait, only..." I looked at my phone. "Eleven more hours."

"Ugh. So far..."

I smiled and walked over to her. "We'll be in the mountains before you know it, baby." I said as I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead.