Chapter 52

(((February 24, 2016)))
Nicole's POV
"You really think it'll snow today?" Kayleigh smiled as we were sitting in the living room of my house.

"Looks like it, kiddo." Parker said from where he was looking out the window.

"Hey, guys, Payson said that he's mad at us." Hannah said.

"Why?" I laughed. "We ain't done nothing to him, recently."

Hannah and Parker laughed while Kayleigh smiled out the window with Parker waiting for it to snow.

"Because I told him that we went to all the museums around here yesterday and he said that he wanted to go." Hannah said.

"Well, he should've stayed. We told him to." I said.

"Yeah, I know right? I told him that we only went because Kayleigh wanted to go." Hannah smiled.

"Hey, y'all wanted to go, too!" Kayleigh smiled at us.

"We know, but see, we had to make it seem like it wasn't that fun, so maybe he wouldn't feel left out." Hannah said.

"It was pretty fun." Parker said.

"Yeah, it was." I agreed. "Kayleigh, how bout you take a bowl outside and set on Parker's truck so that it can get some snow in it? And let the dogs out, too, please."

"Okay." Kayleigh said happily as she went into the kitchen to grab a bowl from the cabinet.

Kayleigh went outside, followed by the dogs. Parker came and sat beside me on the couch, and Hannah was on the phone talking to Payson, walking back to her room.

"Kayleigh is going to love the little party we're throwing her at Mom and Dad's."  I smiled. "Me and Mom are baking her a cake."

"What kind of cake?" Parker asked.

"Chocolate with whipped cream icing." I said.

"Sounds good. Have you wrapped them presents we got her in Juneau?"

"No, I need to." I said. "I was thinking that you and her could play with the dogs outside or something on Friday while me and Mom bake the cake and decorate a little."

"Stick her in the back room and tell her not to come out." Parker smirked.

I playfully hit his shoulder and said, "You're so mean."

He chuckled, "I'm just playing. I'll occupy her somehow."

"Thank you." I smiled.

Parker smiled as he leaned back on the couch and wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my chest. I threw my legs on top of his legs as I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with the ends of his hair that curled just a little.

"Why do you always smell so good?" Parker smiled as he looked up at me.

"Because girls are supposed to smell good." I said.

"You always make my shirts smell like you." He smiled.

I laughed. "I don't mean to. I spray on my smell good before I put my shirts on."

Parker smiled as he laid his head back on me. I continued to play with his hair, telling him how he needs to get it cut.

"But then you couldn't play with it." Parker smirked.

"True." I smiled.

"I've been meaning to tell you something, baby." Parker said as he looked up at me again.