Chapter 58

(((March 15, 2016)))

Nicole's POV

"Do you need me to help you, Nana?" I asked her from where I was sitting in the living room on the couch.

Nana and Papa Woody's trailer was fairly small, but I always thought it was enough. When you walked in the front door, you were in the living room with a loveseat in front of you and a cream couch to the left. To the right, you have a walkway leading to my Nana's room and a bathroom. In front of the loveseat, you have a large brown coffee table. There is a chair against the wall on the other side of the coffee table facing the cream couch. Beside that chair is a small table and on the other side of that table is a red rocking chair that my Nana always sits in. Beside the cream couch to the left is a flat screen TV.

Then, you walk into the kitchen. The bar borders the living room, bordering the left side. The right side is where you walk in the kitchen. There's a small circular table by the window behind Nana's rocking chair. To the left side where the bar is, there's the counter with the sink by the window on the other wall. The stove is beside the little piece of counter that the dish drainer sits on. Beside the stove, a little piece of counter top has a microwave, and containers of food. Beside that is a refrigerator. Cabinets are above the dish drainer to the refrigerator. Beside the refrigerator is my Papa Woody's room, and he has his own bathroom. The washer and dryer are in the little space across from the stove that leads to the back door.

Like I said, it's not much, but it's home to them, and to me for now.

"No, honey," Nana said. "You just sit right there. I'll have it cooking in a minute."

I wasn't used to sitting here while someone else cooks.

"Okay." I shrugged.

My Nana was a little old woman with brown hair that was graying. She was a healthy weight, and I had gotten my blue eyes from her. She was currently in her baggy night shirt and fuzzy night pants with slippers on her feet, standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

It's been about a week since I got here, and I've been enjoying my time here. Mostly, I just sit here with her and Papa Woody and watch television. My aunts have came to see me. I didn't tell anyone about the stuff that's going on between Parker and me.

"I do wish you'd stay here for a while longer, Nicole." Nana said.

"Well, I might stay longer than I told you." I replied. It's not like I have a man to go back to or anything.

"Good!" Nana smiled. "I love having you back home, baby. Maybe you can try to talk Forrest into let's go out to eat somewhere tonight."

"Maybe I can." I smiled. "If not, we can go out and just bring him back something."

"We could do that." Nana smiled.

***

"Travis!" I squealed as I walked into my old working place, a little flea market/convenience store.

"Is that you, Nick?" Travis turned around.

"Yes!" I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind him and tried to jump on his back.

"Baby girl!" He said as I got off of his back and he hugged me.

"I've missed you so much, Trav." I sighed. "You have no idea."

"Well, you're the one that went off to college and then worked like a madman. Then the last thing I heard was you had went and ran away to Alaska after the whole thing with your parents." Travis explained as he led me to the booth by the front window. "Can you sit a while?"