Chapter 12

(((November 14, 2015)))
Nicole's POV
I woke up the next morning to Kayleigh packing up her stuff in boxes. I slept in her room with her while Parker slept on the other couch in the living room. I got up and went to the bathroom. After I was through brushing my teeth and washing my face, I walked into the living room to see everyone else watching a movie. I looked at the clock and realized how late I had slept; it was 12:30. I sat down with Parker on the couch.

"We have to leave for our flight in an hour. Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked him.

"I told him to go wake you up, but no, he wanted to let you sleep." Payson said.

"Well, you haven't got a lot of sleep the last few nights. I figured that I'd let you sleep. I was about to go wake you up when this went on commercial. We're all ready to go, anyway. I told Kayleigh to go pack her stuff a while ago and try not to wake you up. So when you get ready, we'll go." Parker said.

"It's sweet that you wanted to let me sleep. Well, I guess I need to go get ready and pack my bag. Did you pack your bag?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Packed your bag too." He said proudly.

"Wow. Thank you, baby." I said.

I kissed him on the cheek as I got up to go get ready. I walked into my room and saw some clothes of mine on the end of the bed. I guess Parker saw them in my bag and laid them out for me for today. That was sweet of him. He had put out some skinny jeans and my favorite hoodie along with a tee shirt and socks. How did he know that that was what I was going to wear? It was probably the last thing in the bag. Kayleigh's room looked so empty with all of her stuff packed up.

"How are you going to get everything over to Aunt Ruby's?" I asked her.

"Uncle Louis and Uncle Mitch are going to bring me back over here later, and we're going to move everything with the truck. I'm not even bringing anything when you and Parker drop me off there." She answered.

"Oh, okay." I said as I was getting dressed. "I'll miss you, you know."

"I'll miss you too, Nick. Please come and visit a lot."

"I'll try, but I don't know how much I'm going to be able to. But I promise, I'll be home for Christmas."

"What about Thanksgiving, and your birthday?"

"I don't know right now, honey. I'll try. You would see me all the time if you were moving up there with me. It's not too late. Your stuff is packed and I'm sure I can get another plane ticket."

"Yeah, I'm staying here."

"Okay. Give me a hug." I said, holding my arms out.

She smirked and came gave me a hug. "I love you, Nick." She told me.

"Aw, I love you too, Kayleigh. I'll miss you so much."

"I'll miss you too."

She let me go and went back to packing her stuff. I was bent over putting my hair up in a ponytail when someone came behind me and grabbed me. I jumped up and turned around quickly.

"Parker, you scared me so bad." I said as he was laughing. "It's not funny." I said as I pushed him.

"Yes, it is, baby." He continued to laugh.

"You're mean." I said as I turned around and finished putting up my hair.

"Am I mean, Kayleigh?" Parker asked her.

"Eh, not really." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh, I see how it is. Side with him. I've only been your sister for eleven years." I said.