Chapter 76

Nicole's POV

When we had settled at the table with everything we needed, Mom went on her phone to show me ideas. Hannah and I had obviously rubbed off on her, because she had gotten all her ideas from Pinterest.

"So I was thinking we could do it like this. The cover." Mom explained as she showed me a picture. "With the pregnancy test, and the 'how I found out I was pregnant' thing. And we need a title, maybe something like 'my pregnancy' or something."

"I don't know. 'My pregnancy' sounds so generic." I scrunched my nose. "But I like the pregnancy test and the little hand written recount thing."

"Okay, good." Mom smiled. "I'll print out the picture of your pregnancy test that I have on my phone and you can start writing about how you found out you were pregnant."

I nodded and grabbed a piece of purple, lined paper on a notepad and started writing.

The day I found out I was pregnant was just another day, to begin with. I was at home in Haines with Hannah, while Parker was up at the mine. The last thing on my mind was finding out I was pregnant while I was helping Hannah study. But, I knew that I was late. And when I told Hannah I was late, she immediately went to get a few tests. I was scared, excited, nervous, anxious, maybe even a little nauseous as I went into the bathroom to take the tests. All three of them showed up positive. I walked out of the bathroom and whispered to Hannah, "I'm pregnant." Hannah started jumping for joy, and I was still in shock, but I was so happy that I had a baby. I was nervous about what everyone would say and do, but I knew right in that second that I loved this baby inside of me. It was a complete and total surprise, and in hindsight, it was no doubt one of the best days of my life. The day I knew I was becoming a mommy.

"How's this, Mom?" I asked as I handed her the piece of paper to read.

Mom read it, and smiled as she wiped a tear from her eye. "It's perfect."

I smiled. "Hannah's not going to like us starting this without her."

"Well," Mom said as she set the paper with the pregnancy test picture. "I think this is good mother-daughter time for me and you, don't you?"

"I sure do." I smiled as I hugged her.

"I was thinking that the first page can be kind of like a title page." Mom said.

"Yeah, we can write down the date I found out I was pregnant, and my due date, and leave a space for the date I actually have the little nugget." I smiled down at my belly as I rubbed it.

"Little nugget?" Mom smiled.

"Yeah, that's what Parker and Rick call it." I smiled. "Oh, and I want a page where we put pictures of me and Parker before I got pregnant. Like and put 'first, mommy and daddy fell in love' or something like that, you know?"

"Oh, yes." Mom smiled. "That will go right after the title page."

I was looking at Pinterest on my phone for more ideas while Mom was printing out pictures of Parker and I when I came across the perfect idea for the title page.

"Oh, Mom!" I smiled. "We should do a family tree for the first page. And at the bottom of it, we can put 'Baby' and below that put the dates."

"That sounds cute. Do you want me to print out a family tree that you can fill out or do you want to draw it on the page?"

"I'll draw it. Pencil first, and then cover the lines in permanent marker once I get it how I want it."

"Sounds good." Mom said as she handed me the book. "Here you go."