Chapter 22

Parker's POV
*Grandma and Grandpa's house*
"Hey, Grandma! Got some food!" I called as we walked in the door.

"Oh, Parker! Come in. Set the food on the counter, if you will." Grandma said from her rocking chair.

"Okay, Grandma." I set the food on the counter. Nicole and I went into the living room and sat on the couch after we had said our hellos.

"I told y'all that I would get him to come over here soon." Nicole smiled to Grandma and Grandpa. We chuckled.

"I've been wanting to come over here. Just been kinda busy." I said.

"We know, son. How's it going?" Grandpa asked me.

"Pretty good. We had Thanksgiving in Arizona. Then we went to California cause I had to do something for the Pay Dirt company. Just got back home yesterday. I worked with Dad today. How are you doing, Grandpa?"

"Oh, I'm feeling fine." Grandpa smiled. "Can't wait for the holidays and my birthday in February. Looking forward to your next mining season."

"Yeah, we're staying home for Christmas. Nick wanted to be here for Christmas, so we're staying here."

"That's great, Parker. It's about time you start staying home more, Parker. I guess it took Nicole to make you stay." Grandma smiled.

"I guess so, Grandma." I smiled. "How you doing, Grandma?"

"Just fine. So have you two ate?"

"No, ma'am." I answered.

"Well, why not?" Grandma asked us.

"We were going to eat with y'all." Nicole said.

"Well, why didn't you say so? You must be starving. I'm going to go fix the plates, okay?" Grandma said. We both nodded.

"I'll help you, Grandma." Nicole said as they both went into the kitchen.

"You know, Parker, you got yourself a good girl right there." Grandpa said to me.

"Yeah, she's pretty great. Her birthday's coming up."

"What are you getting her?"

"Well, we're taking a vacation to the mountains, just me and her. But I wanted to get her something else. Nothing huge, just a little extra thing that she can remember this birthday by."

"Has she said anything about something that she wants?"

"Hm..... I don't know. Let me think for a minute."

"So are you doing any more traveling this winter?"

"Yeah, Australia and New Zealand after the holidays and stuff."

"Enjoying your time off?"

"Yeah, but I'm ready to start back mining as soon as I can."

"That's good. You certainly have my work ethic."

"Yeah, I know, Grandpa." I smiled. "Oh, wait, I just remembered something. Nicole said she wanted a husky puppy. I think Tyson's dog had puppies with another dog. That dog is a wolf dog, and she'll like that."