Chapter 30

(((December 20, 2015)))
Nicole's POV
I woke up this morning with Bear up against the back of my head and Parker's arm around my waist. I looked at the clock on my nightstand, 9:30. I moved Parker's arm and got up to go to the bathroom.

I came back, and Bear was up and staring at Parker like "why aren't you up?". I laughed and picked him up and went into the kitchen. I slid on my Uggs and my North Face and carried Bear outside. I took him in the backyard by the trees, and he walked around a little and tried to play until he finally used the bathroom. I then picked him back up and carried him inside, telling him what a good boy he was.

I set him down on the floor, and he followed me as I walked into the kitchen to put him some food into his bowl.

"Is the baby hungry?" I said to Bear.

He barked.

"Shh. Daddy's sleeping." I said.

He barked again. He quit barking when I set his food on the floor with his water. I started on our breakfast, which I decided was going to be grits, eggs, and bacon.

When Bear was through eating, he walked around the house, stared at me, barked a little, until he made his way down the hall. I followed him down the hall, asking him where he thought he was going. He went into my room and barked at Parker. I laughed and walked back into the kitchen to check on the food. I heard Bear barking for a few more minutes, until Parker came down the hall with him in his arms.

"Your dog woke me up." He said as he set him down beside me.

I laughed. "He wants someone to play with him, and I'm cooking."

"Well, he can come sit with me in the living room in a minute. What you cooking?" He said as he hugged me.

"Eggs, bacon, grits."

"Sounds good." He kissed my head.

About that time, Bear started pulling the ornaments off the tree with his teeth. Parker and I both looked at the same time and started saying no.

"Go get him." I said.

Parker went and picked him up and popped his nose.

"Don't hit him." I said.

"I didn't even hurt him."

"Mmhm."
***
We ate breakfast, and played around with Bear. It was around 1:00 when we had this conversation.

"Baby, guess what." Parker said.

"What?" I said, looking up at him on the couch from the floor with Bear.

"We're taking a trip." He smiled.

"We just got back from a trip. And I've got Bear now."

"Well, we're going on a trip to Australia and New Zealand."

"I guess that could be kinda fun. When are we going?" I said, expecting him to say next month sometime.

"Christmas day." He mumbled.

"I did not just hear you say that we're leaving on Christmas, right?"

"Baby, I promise that you won't miss out on anything. We're leaving after Christmas Eve and Christmas morning."

"But....New Years. And what about Bear?"