Chapter 69

(((May 9, 2016)))
Nicole's POV
8:39 a.m.
Me: Hey baby, I'm not going to make it back to the mine today. I'll get there sometime tomorrow. Hannah wanted me to stay and take the test online with her. I'll probably leave sometime tonight and be there before lunch tomorrow.

9:25 a.m.
Parker: okay, I'm working today. Hurry back as soon as you can and be safe. Love and miss you.

9:26 a.m.
Me: Love and miss you more.

I was getting dressed for my doctor's appointment in about thirty minutes. Mom was meeting Hannah and me there, and Hannah and I were supposed to be leaving in about five minutes to get there on time.

"Nick! You ready?" Hannah yelled from the kitchen.

"Almost! I'll be ready in about five minutes!" I called back.

About ten minutes later, we were on the road heading towards the clinic. I was nervous to say the least. I kept on fiddling with my fingers and looking down at my belly that was covered by a tee shirt. Hannah had the music blasting and was singing along, while I was in my own little world.

"Nicole!" Hannah poked me as she turned down the radio. "What's wrong? This is your favorite song."

"I guess I'm just distracted." I said.

"Babe, don't worry. You and the little Schnabel are going to be just fine." Hannah said.

I laughed. "That's what you're calling my baby now?"

"Until I know if it's a boy or a girl, yeah. You want a boy or girl?"

"As long as it's healthy, it doesn't matter." I said.

"Bullcrap. You know what you want. Now tell me."

I smiled. "Parker and I always talked about how we wanted a little boy."

"It's gonna look just like him. Poor thing."

I chuckled. "Parker is handsome."

"Only to you, babe." Hannah said as she pulled into the driveway of the clinic.

"You're dating his brother." I smiled.

"They don't look the same." Hannah said as she opened the door to get out of the car.

"Yeah, okay." I smirked as I got out of the car. "Mom's waiting right there."

We walked over to where Mom was sitting on a bench outside of the clinic. I hugged her, along with Hannah.

"You ready?" Mom asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said as we started walking into the clinic. "Why do I feel so fat?"

"You're not fat." Mom said. "You just have a little baby inside you."

Mom walked with me up to the sign-in desk while Hannah found somewhere for us to sit. A blonde-haired lady around my age, maybe a little bit older, looked at us and smiled.

"I have a appointment at 10:00." I smiled.

"Okay, mmhm." The lady said as she typed on her keyboard. "Name?"

"Nicole Forrest." I replied.

"Birthday?"

"12/15/1995." I answered.

"Okay, take a seat and a nurse will call you back in a few minutes."

Mom and I turned around and walked away to where Hannah was sitting by the window. We sat there and talked for a few minutes, and the nurse called me back.