Chapter 35

(((December 31, 2015)))
Nicole's POV
Ever since Christmas when Hannah came, things have been going great. I'm not alone while Parker is away, and Hannah stays out of trouble. Hannah and I have been doing a lot of things together, and Hannah has even made some new friends with my old friends.

Hannah has went to Mom's house with me three times in the past five days; the other two days, she decided not to. I think she really likes going to see them just as much as I do, especially with Payson there. Hannah made me kind of upset the other day, when she said that I was replacing my mom and dad with Parker's mom and dad. Maybe I was looking for a new mother/father figures, but that doesn't mean that I love my parents any less. I still think about them all the time, especially with Parker gone.

I went to Grandpa's house to see them, and Hannah went with me once. I've been twice since Christmas. I think that they really liked Hannah, because the next time I went over there, they said that she would be a good girl for Payson. Payson went with me the second time, and he was talking about her when they said that.

As for me and Parker, I really don't like the whole long distance thing. I didn't like it that much when we were just friends, and I really don't like it now that we're together. I can't sleep beside him every night, can't hug and kiss him, and I can't even be in the same room with him. It really sucks. It kind of makes me regret not going, sometimes. He calls me every night to tell me about his day, and I tell him about mine. I really miss him.

Anyhow, today is New Year's Eve. Yesterday, Hannah and I sat down and decided what to do for New Year's Eve. We decided that we would throw a party at our place, with all of our friends. Payson was told, and before long, every young adult in Haines knew about the party.

Hannah and I have been busy getting ready for the party, cleaning and stuff. We decided that we would have a huge bonfire outside, and people would only go inside to get food and drinks. We needed food, drinks, and fireworks for the party.
***
"Payson, can you do me a huge favor?" I said as I was folding clothes while sitting on the floor. Payson was over at mine and Hannah's house, talking to us about the party. Hannah was counting up everyone that was coming as Payson scrolled through his phone, telling her everyone that said they would come.

"What?" Payson said.

"We need drinks and fireworks, and you have to be over 21 to get them. Can you please go get them?"

Hannah chuckled. "What kinda drinks are you getting?"

Hannah kind of didn't know that I had been drinking every once in a while. I had told her about the first time, but not the other times, and nothing like the first time has happened since then. I learned my lesson.

"Say we need some beer! Right, Nick?" Payson laughed.

"I don't want beer, get something else." I said.

"Wait a minute. Nick!" Hannah exclaimed in shock.

"Oh, Hannah, I just drink a little. Don't worry." I said.

"Nick! You can't do that!" Hannah said.

"Why not?" I couldn't help but smile.

"You're not even 21 yet." She stated.

"Don't have to be 21 in Canada, right, Nick?" Payson smiled and put his arm out for me to give him a high five.

"Yeah." I said as I gave him a high five. "And that's where I was when I started. It's not like I'm going to get drunk. It's more just for the whole party. Just get some beer, Payson."

" 'kay." He said. "You got some cider in the fridge anyway, don't ya?" He winked.

I smirked. "It's Parker's. He bought it when we went to the mountains."