Chapter 94

(((July 26, 2016)))

Nicole's POV

"Here ya go, babe." I said as I set a plate with a sandwich in front of Parker on his desk.

"Thanks, honey." Parker said as he set down his pen from where he was going over some numbers. "You know, I think if mining that bedrock pays off, we can get back on track soon."

"I still can't believe that he wasn't even getting all the pay. Like you said, no wonder the numbers were so low." I said as I sit down in the chair in front of his desk and picked up my sandwich.

"Yeah, that's why I put Tyson on it." Parker said before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Tyson will make sure it gets done." I nodded.

"I doubt that Kelly will make it to next season. If he even makes it through this season." Parker said before taking another bite.

I finished swallowing my food and said, "Parker, the guy didn't know."

"He should know. I mean, part of being a miner is knowing what pay looks like. I mean, hell, even you knew that it was pay."

"True." I shrugged as I continued eating with Parker.

Parker wiped his mouth off with a napkin. "And that guy can be replaced just as easily as he was hired."

"Yeah." I said before taking the last bite of my sandwich.

Parker finished chewing his food and took a swig of his water. "I figure that we need 160 ounces from Sluicifer every week to reach our goal. Not counting Big Red."

I nodded as I wiped my mouth. "I hope you can get that this week."

"Yeah, with Mitch being gone if anything breaks we're pretty much on our own to fix it." Parker said as he leaned back in his chair.

"Hopefully it's just smooth sailing until Sunday when he comes back." I smirked.

Parker chuckled. "We can always hope. Seems like something always breaks though."

"Yeah. So are you just staying in your office today?" I asked him.

"No, I'm about to go check on everything. Maybe help move some dirt. Tyson's down there by himself with everyone else at Indian River." Parker said.

"You need me to do anything here?" I asked.

"No, you just keep your pretty little pregnant butt here and be on standby in case anything happens." Parker smirked.

I chuckled. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Pizza." Parker smiled.

"Lucky for you I got everything to make your favorite kind last time we went into Dawson." I smiled.

"Awesome." Parker smiled as he stood up. "You need anything while I'm gone just radio me."

"Alright." I smiled at him as he bent down to kiss me.

"Be safe." I told him.

"I always do." Parker said before kissing me again. "Love you."

"Love you too." I said as he walked away.

***

"Oh, shit, Sam." I said as I was watching my daily episode of Supernatural.

"Nick." Parker's voice came through the radio that was sitting in front of me on the coffee table.

"Ugh." I scoffed as I paused the episode and grabbed the radio. "Yes, darling?"