Chapter 36

(((January 2, 2016)))
Nicole's POV
New Year's Day was spent mostly relaxing at our house, or at Mom and Dad's house around dinnertime. I do love to cook myself, but it's no fun cooking for just me and Hannah. I like it much better helping Mom cook. Payson is leaving tonight around eight, but he promised to help me and Hannah move her stuff in our house before he left. The moving truck arrived around lunchtime today. Hannah and I were still asleep in the bed, and we were awakened by knocking on the door. Well, we were more awakened by Bear running up and down the halls, barking. He thinks he's a big dog now, maybe because I tell him all the time.

"Nick, Payson's at the door..." Hannah groggily said. "Go let him in, my stuff will be here in a little while."

We thought it was just Payson at the door.

"You go let him in." I said before turning over.

Another big knock was heard by us.

"Ugh, fine." Hannah said.

A few seconds later, Hannah came running back onto the bed. "Nick! That ain't Payson."

"Well then, who is it?" I said. I was wide awake from the jumping onto the bed.

"The guy that drove the moving truck." She answered.

"Oh, crap. Well, I don't know."

"I just texted Payson. He's on the way right now."

"Okay."

"What do we do about the guy at the front door?"

"Go unlock the back door so Payson can come in the back door. Text him and tell him to tell the guy that we're probably still asleep and he's got a key to the back door." I said.

"Yeah, we don't wanna let the guy in without Payson here. He could be a weirdo. Especially with just us two girls here."

"That's what I'm saying." I said as I headed to the bathroom while Hannah was brushing her hair.

Payson got there about fifteen minutes later, and came in the back door. "Girls, I'm here." He said as he walked in the door.

"Good. Go let that guy in the front door." Hannah said as she ran up to him.

"I can't believe you guys just let him sit out there." Payson smirked and shook his head as he walked.

"We're not letting some man who we don't know in the house." I said as we walked with Payson to the front door.

"If you're supposed to be asleep, you better go back there." He said.

"Oh, yeah!" Hannah and I said as we ran back to the room.
***
A few minutes later, Payson opened our door and said, "You can come out now. We're going to start bringing stuff in."

" 'kay." We said.

Mostly, Hannah and I just sat in the living room while Payson and the moving guy brought things in. They put everything into Hannah's room, and then the moving guy left. Then, Hannah and I went back into her room with Payson to set everything up.

It took us a good while to get everything set up, about two or three hours. We took breaks from time to time, which added to the three hours of actually working. We were done with everything around 4:30, and Hannah finally had her own room again, along with all her other things.