Chapter 13

Nicole's POV
It was around 11:45 when he texted me while I was sitting up in my bed watching a movie.
Parker: I fell asleep on the couch watching a show with Dad. I'll be there in a few.
Me: I'm fine. You don't have to come. Go back to sleep.
In my mind, I really did want him to come, but I knew he didn't want to and wanted to just go to sleep.
Parker: Is the lights on in your room?
Me: Maybe. Just go in your room and sleep. I'm turning out the lights now.

He didn't say anything after that, so I figured that he went to sleep. I really did turn out my light, and I laid down and watched the movie. I had my gun beside me on the floor. I didn't feel completely safe, but I felt safe enough.

Parker's POV
I felt kind of bad for not going back to her. But I was tired, because I hadn't slept good on that couch the night before. I went to my bed in my room and fell right asleep.

It was 3:30 in the morning. I woke up and turned on my other side and tried to go back to sleep. But for some reason, I couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned and closed my eyes. I thought of Nicole and wondered if she got to sleep. I texted her.
Me: Are you up?

She didn't say anything, so I figured she had fallen asleep. It sucked because I knew if she was with me, I could go to sleep. I guess that's what I get for not doing what she wanted me to. I fell back asleep around 5:00.

(((November 15, 2015)))
I slept in late the next morning. It was noon before I got out of the bed. I went into the living room after I took a shower and stuff, and I saw Nicole sitting in the living room talking to my mom and drinking coffee.

"Babe, you could've came and woke me up." I said to her.

"I know, but you let me sleep yesterday and today I let you sleep. Good morning, baby." She smiled.

"Good afternoon is more like it." I chuckled as I sit down beside her. I gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

"True. You hungry? Your mom made breakfast."

"Yeah, I'll get something. Did you eat?"

"A little."

"She ate one piece of bacon and one piece of toast." Mom added.

"I'm going to get some food and you're going to eat with me." I said seriously to her.

"I'm not hungry."

"Yeah, well, you're going to eat if you wanna go anywhere today." I said.

She rolled her eyes and smiled. I went to the kitchen and put food on a plate for me and her. I went back and sit beside her with the plate full of food. She ate a little, not much, but I was satisfied that she was alright to go somewhere.

"Did you sleep good last night?" I asked her.

"I went to sleep around one, and woke up a couple times during the night, but went right back to sleep. So yeah, it was alright. What were you doing texting me at like 3:30 in the morning?"

"I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep until around five. I was just seeing if you were up."

"Aw. Why couldn't you sleep, baby?" She asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. I did know; I couldn't sleep because I wasn't beside her. "So where you wanna go today?"

"Um, how about we go look around for me a job at the clinic or the doctors?"

"If that's what you wanna do."

"Okay."

"You want to help me cook dinner tonight, Nicole?" Mom asked her.