Chapter 10

I'll always be here for you....

Nicole's POV
We've been at the house for about five minutes now. Kayleigh is in my room getting
ready because I'm in her room looking for something to wear for me and Parker. Parker is in the shower; he said he got sweaty playing basketball. I put on a black tank top dress with a leather jacket over it. I'm finding something for Parker to wear when Kayleigh calls from the living room.

"Nick! There's someone outside!" She said.

"Okay! I'm coming!" I called back. I lay Parker a dark blue flannel shirt and black slacks on the bed and head to the front door. I open the front door and wave.

"It's Parker's mom and dad, and Payson. Are you ready to go?" I said to her.

"No. I have to do my hair and stuff." She answered.

"Well, just wait until Parker gets ready. He's changing in your room when he gets out of the shower."

"Okay."

Parker's mom and dad came up to the door while Payson was getting bags out of the car. I gave them a hug and introduced them to Kayleigh.

"This is little Kayleigh? Oh honey, you're so grown and pretty!" Mrs. Nancy said as she went over to give her a hug.

"Hey, thanks." Kayleigh smiled.

Mr. Roger gave her a little side hug and said, "Hey, little girl."

"Hey." She smiled.

Payson came in and set the bags on the floor. He gave me a hug and said hey. I introduced him to Kayleigh, and he did the same to her.

"Where's Parker?" Mrs. Nancy asked.

"Oh, he's in the shower. He should be out in a minute. Are you guys ready to go?" I asked them.

"Yeah, Mama made us put on our clothes at home." Payson said, and you could obviously tell that he didn't like that.

"Oh, you poor thing." I said to him.

About that time, Parker calls me from the back of the house. I walk back there to see what he wants. He's standing in Kayleigh's room in his boxers.

"These my clothes you got me?" Parker asked me.

"No, they're for the other guy that's here." I said sarcastically. "Of course they're yours."

"I know." He smiles. "I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful."

I smiled at him. "Aw, thanks, baby."

"Come here." He gestured for me to come, because I was standing in the doorway.

I walk over to him, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck, and we put our foreheads together. "You're going to be okay tonight. Try not to cry too much. I got you." He said to me.

"I will. I'm so lucky to have you." I said.

"No, I'm so lucky to have you. You're great and you look gorgeous no matter what you do. It's amazing. You're my everything." He said.

"Oh, shut up." I smiled and backed away from him. "Put on your shirt." I said as I threw his shirt at him.

"Yes ma'am." He said as I was walking out.

"Thank you, sir!" I said as I walked down the hall.

A few minutes later Parker comes down the hall buttoning up his shirt. Kayleigh walks back to her room to finish getting ready. Parker sits beside me on the couch while I'm on my phone.

"A lot of people been texting you?" He asked me.

"Texting, calling, messaging. I don't know how they all found out, honestly. Somebody probably posted it on Facebook." I answered.

"Yeah, that's usually how people find out." He said.

"I'll be right back." I said, seeing how messed up his hair was. I walk to the room and get my brush. "Turn around." I said to him as I come back into the living room.

"What? Why?" He said to me while watching the show.

"I'm going to fix your hair. Just turn your head. Well, just keep it turned towards the TV." I said as I sit beside him.

"You're worse than Mama." He laughed as I started brushing his hair.

"You did need your hair brushed, Parker." Ms. Nancy added.

I smiled at her and said, "See? Your mom agrees."

"She would. But she usually lets me go whatever I look like, because I'm grown." Parker said.

"Yeah, but you're my boyfriend, and you're going with me. Your hair isn't going to look like you can't use a brush." I laughed.

"Payson, would you go through this?" Parker asked him.

"My hair is cut. It doesn't need to be brushed, combed maybe." Payson said, not looking from the television.

"If you would get a haircut, your hair would be fine. It looks good when you cut it." I said to him.

"I'm growing it out. I want to flip it back." Parker stated.

"No, Parker. Come on, get it cut." I said to him.

"Whatever, I might get tired of it and cut it." He said.

"I hope so. If not, I'll cut it." I smiled.

"Yeah, okay." He said.

"Okay, you're done." I said as I got up from the couch. "Kayleigh, it's time to go!" I called for her. Everyone started to get up.

"Okay, I'm coming!" She said. A minute later, she came walking down the hall.

We get into our cars and start driving to the funeral home. We get there along with the rest of my family.

The event was just like any other of that kind. People that I hadn't seen in years and some that I didn't even know came. It was a long time for me. Parker and I just sat on a couch that was there most of the time. A video was playing on the television of pictures of them. Yeah, I cried, but I was better after a few minutes. I cried probably about ten different times. I looked at them in the caskets as I walked by after I had used the bathroom. I think that was when it all became very real to me. I busted out crying the second I looked. Parker came up behind me and held me. I turned around and cried into his shirt. He led me back to the seat while he hugged me. It was probably the most unenjoyable time I had ever experienced, the time at the funeral home. I was so happy when I could leave.

Back at home, it was just me and Parker's family. Kayleigh had decided to stay at my aunt's house. We talked and watched shows. I felt a lot better being home. It was late when we all decided to go to bed. Parker's mom and dad slept in my mom and dad's room. Payson slept on the couch while Parker and I slept in Kayleigh's room.

"Parker, please don't ever leave me. I've lost enough." I said to him as we were laying on the bed watching a movie.

He kissed my cheek and said, "Don't worry, I won't. You mean too much to me. I'm not going anywhere without you, if I have anything to say about it. We're in this together."

"You promise?"

"I promise, baby."

I turned around and gave him a hug. He hugged me back. We were looking at each other and smiling. I fell asleep in his arms.