Chapter 103

(((August 13, 2016)))

Nicole's POV

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Parker smirked as he took off his yellow vest and threw it on the chair.

I smiled at him as I set his plate at the table. While I had made the other men a pot roast with potatoes and carrots in a crock pot, I made Parker and me steak, salad, and baked potatoes along with his favorite brownies for dessert.

I had taken a shower, curled my hair, and put on the only cute little sundress that I had brought up here because I knew Parker loved it on me. Yes, I had put a lot of effort into tonight. I have no idea how I found the time.

"I feel underdressed." Parker chuckled as he took his hoodie off, leaving on his tee shirt.

"No, you're not." I smiled as I lit a candle in between our two plates in the middle of the table. "You look handsome as always."

"And you." Parker smiled as he grabbed my waist as I walked by. "You look gorgeous. I had forgotten about that dress."

"You like it?" I smiled.

"Love it." Parker said before he picked up his fork.

"No, Parker, wait a minute." I said as I walked over to get two wine glasses.

I grabbed two wine glasses and the wine out of the refrigerator before walking back over to the table.

"Oh, the wine." Parker smiled as he set his fork back down. "Want me to open it?"

"Yes, because you know I can't do it." I chuckled as I handed him the wine and set the glasses beside our plates.

"That's why you have me." Parker chuckled as he took the cork screw that was sitting on the table and opened the bottle.

He poured himself a glass of wine and then bent over to pour mine before setting it on the table.

"You know, when Rick told me that you were in the trailer, I wasn't expecting this." Parker smirked.

I chuckled as I sat down across from him at the table, moving the hair out of my face. "I just thought it'd be a good idea to eat by ourselves for once."

Parker smirked as he reached across the table and held my hand. I picked up my glass of wine and so did Parker.

"To a wonderful night." Parker smirked as we clinked our glasses together. I smiled and nodded before taking a sip.

"So how was your day, honey?" I asked him as I picked up my fork and slid over the bowl that had my salad in it.

"It was good." Parker nodded as he poured ranch on his salad. "Nothing major happened."

"Good." I smiled as I took the ranch that he was handing me.

"Yeah, Rick said that he checked the sluices on Big Red and saw some good gold." Parker said before taking a bite of his salad. "So that's good."

"Things might be finally going good, huh?" I said before taking a bite.

"Looks like it." Parker smiled.

I took a roll from the basket in the middle of the table and dipped a piece of it in the butter.

"This potato is really good." Parker said before he took another bite of it.

"I'm glad you like it, baby." I said before taking another bite of my salad.

"So how was your day, baby?" Parker asked me as he grabbed a roll.