Chapter 14

Parker's POV
"Well, um, baby, before you take that job I wanted to tell you something..." I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"What?" She smiled as she turned toward me on the couch.

"Well, um, I'm going to be going to B.C. tomorrow."

"Guess I'll have to fend for myself while you're gone, huh?"

I gave her a little smile. "Well, not if you go with me."

"But, Parker, I have to work. I don't have a lot of money saved up like you do. I can't just go with you anywhere and everywhere anytime. Even though I want to."

"You have a couple thousand saved up. What more do you need?"

"Money for bills, and food, and clothes, and whatever else I need or want."

"What if I told you that if you just went with me wherever and whenever that I would take care of you?"

"Parker, no. I'm not going to let you do that. I'm a big girl now, and I can take care of myself."

"I know you can." I smirked. "But I just want you to go with me, because I'm going to be traveling a lot this winter. I want you to go with me."

"I don't know. I don't want you to have to take care of me, and my bills. They're my responsibility, and I've only been your girlfriend for like, a couple days."

"Time doesn't matter. Yeah, we've only been together for a short amount of time, but I've known you forever, and we're meant to be together. It's not going to make any difference if I help you out a little if you need me to. You can work while we're here."

"Yeah, take a job where I just come and go as I please. I'll keep that job for a while." She said sarcastically.

"Don't worry about that. I bet I can work something out. Just please go with me."

"Are you sure? About the money and stuff? I know you need money to start the operation up in the spring."

"I'm sure."

"You sure you want me to go with you and ruin your good time?"

"I'll have a lot more fun with you there, and not having to think about what you're doing because you'll be with me."

"Okay, if you really want me to that bad, I'll go."

"Yay. Now go pack your bags because we leave in the morning."

"Really? When were you planning on telling me this?"

"Uh, right now."

"Obviously last minute. Are you packed?"

"Yup. Bags are in the back of my truck."

"Of course, and you waited until the night before to tell me. What time are we leaving in the morning?

"Like early. But I mean, it doesn't really matter honestly, because we're just catching the ferry."

"Okay. Good."
***
Nicole's POV
I had packed my bags to go away from home, again. But this time it was for a fun time, not for a funeral. I had came back to Haines to enjoy everything there, but I found myself planning to be traveling more than I was at home. In the summer, Parker was planning on me to go stay with him while he works. I guess that's the life you have when you're a miner's girl.

I didn't like the fact that Parker may have to help me pay my bills or pay for anything else, but I was happy that he wasn't just leaving me in Haines while he goes off and does whatever. It was kind of like a win-lose thing, but I really didn't lose anything, I just felt like I was being a burden to him. But he assured me that he was so happy that I was going to be traveling with him, and that the money wasn't a problem. The negative thoughts about traveling were put out of my mind, and I was excited.

We were sitting on the couch in the living room watching a movie; it was around midnight, I suppose. Yeah, it was late considering that we were supposed to get up early the next morning, but it was whatever. I had my legs in his lap, and he would run his hand up and down them every once in a while. I had my head on his shoulder, and my hands were in my lap, only moved every once in a while to play with his shirt. He had one arm around me, occasionally playing with my hair.

"Nick?" He said.

"Yeah?" I looked up at him.

It happened within a few seconds. He put his arm that was on my legs around my waist and pulled me closer. He smiled that smile that only he can do, the one that gives me butterflies every time. I pulled my arms from in between us and put around his neck. I couldn't bring myself to look at him right in the eyes, so I looked down and smiled. He picked my chin up with one of his fingers, and we looked in each other's eyes. I don't know what was going through either of our minds right then, but it was like something greater than both of us was forming between us.

He pulled me into a kiss, not one of those rough, forced kisses, but a hard, yet soft, slow kiss. My hands were in his hair, while his were holding me by my back. He was kissing me, while I was kissing him right back. I knew that my heart was racing, and every time he ran his fingers on my leg or back, and every time the kiss deepened, it gave me goosebumps and chills. He left my lips, and started kissing a path down my neck until he was at my collarbone. I can't explain what it feels like, but it's like one of the best feelings in the world. He made his way back up to my lips, and when he pulled away from my lips again for a breath, I made my way down his neck. He ran his hands up and down my back and legs while I kept running my lips around his neck and chest. He let out a deep breath into my ear, and it sent chills up and down my spine.

Parker's POV
This was the first time that we made out, and it was perfectly perfect. It was special. It was heated and raw. It was scary, and it was spontaneous. We let our guards down, and let feelings and instinct lead us. There was fireworks, and passion, and it was unlike anything I'd ever experienced. This girl was obviously meant to be mine, because no other girl had made me feel anything like I felt when we were kissing.

After we had stopped making out, (yes, we stopped before anything else happened) we continued watching the movie together while she laid on me as I held her. It was around one when we went into her room to sleep.

"Hey, remember when you said that you might ruin my good time by going with me?" I said as we laid in the bed.

"Yeah."

"Well, there is absolutely no chance of that, because being with you is the best time ever."

She smiled and looked down a second before looking back at me and saying, "It is fun. I'm happy."

"Me too."

I snuggled her closer, twining our legs together. We fell asleep.

A/N

Thanks you guys so much for all of the recent votes! It really means a lot, even if it's only a few people reading. More people read every day, and I'm so happy that you guys like the book. Again, thanks for all the support that everyone has given me, from just reads and votes, or if you've commented or messaged me. I hope you continue to do so and I hope you are enjoying the book so far!