Chapter 95

(((July 31, 2016)))

Nicole's POV

"Mitchums!" I smiled as he walked in the kitchen around lunchtime while I was washing the dishes from breakfast. "You're back!"

"Yeah, I am." Mitch smiled.

I walked over and gave him a quick hug. "So how was the wedding?"

"It went really good." Mitch smiled. "No crazy things happened."

"Good, how's your new wife?" I smirked.

"Hailey's really good. You know she couldn't come back up here for the rest of the season, but she's good." Mitch said.

"I know, I miss her. I hate being the only girl up here." I chuckled.

"Well, Hailey said she'd make it to your party next weekend." Mitch smiled.

"Yay!" I smiled. "Are you hungry?"

"Little bit." Mitch chuckled slightly.

"I'm about to make Parker a leftover burger from last night if you want one." I said.

"Sounds good." Mitch said as he went to sit at the table. "I heard you and Parker had a vacation too."

"We went down to Haines for the fair yesterday." I smiled. "It was really fun."

"I bet." Mitch said.

A few minutes later, Parker came in and talked to Mitch at the table while I was fixing their burgers.

"We really need that sensor for the grizzly bars put on, man." Parker chuckled as I sat down beside him. "Already had the belt to rip one time."

"I got it in my truck. I'll get right on it when I get through eating. Shouldn't take more than a minute." Mitch said before picking up his burger.

"Good." Parker said as he took a bite of his burger. "You weren't hungry, Nick?"

"No, I ate a salad earlier." I said as I took a sip of my tea.

"You ate without me?" Parker acted hurt.

I chuckled. "It ain't my fault you were late and the baby was hungry."

"Yeah, I was trying to help Chris with getting the mats out of the sluice box." Parker said. "He's jigging it now."

"I probably need to go help him." I said as I stood up.

"Well, bye to you too." Parker said as I was walking towards the door.

"Oh." I groaned as a sharp cramp suddenly came in my stomach. I put my hand against my stomach and stood there for a minute.

"Nick, you good?" Parker asked. "What's wrong?"

"Just a cramp." I said as I turned back around. "I'm going to take a Tylenol."

"You know, you don't have to help Doumitt if you feel bad." Parker told me as I was opening the Tylenol bottle that I keep in the kitchen.

"I'm fine." I lied before I popped the pills in my mouth and downed them with some water.

Truth is, I hadn't been feeling my best in the past couple days. Bad cramps, headaches, nausea. But I just take some Tylenol and nausea pills and I'm fine. Or at least it makes it bearable. I haven't told Parker about it; he has enough to worry about.

"You sure?" Parker said as he turned around in his chair to look at me.

"I'm sure." I feigned a smile as I set the water bottle down. "I'm going to go help Chris."