Chapter 89

(((July 12, 2016)))
Nicole's POV

"Nicole!" Hannah yelled through the door as she banged on it. "Parker! Get your lazy butts up!"

We had gotten the second biggest room, because of course Hannah and Payson claimed the biggest one when they got here first. Our rooms were right across the hall from each other on the third floor, and we shared a bathroom.

"Nicole!" Hannah banged on the door again. "Do you want to go get breakfast or not?"

I rolled my eyes and groaned as I got off the bed and walked to the door, unlocking it and pulling it open. I stood in the doorway, my hair a mess with Parker's tee shirt on, looking at a mirror image. Hannah's hair probably looked as rough as mine did, and she wore one of Payson's shirts.

It's amazing that this time last year we were talking about how we would never get boyfriends and we would travel the world together and be beach bums. My, how things change.

I chuckled. "Don't we look just fabulous?"

"I know we do." Hannah smiled. "It's called afterglow."

We both giggled, trying to keep quiet not to wake the boys up.

"So how was your night?" I asked her as we made our way down the stairs, shutting our doors behind us.

"This is paradise. Can we just stay here forever?"

"I take it you two had fun, then?" I smirked as we walked through the living room into the kitchen.

"Paradise." Hannah said. "What about you and Parker? How was the beach?"

"Paradise." I smiled as I opened the cabinet to get the coffee.

"So we agree then." Hannah said, filling the coffee pot with water. "We're never leaving."

"Hannah, you know it's 9:00?" I said surprisingly as I looked at the clock. "I didn't even go to sleep until five."

"Boo-hoo." Hannah said. "I didn't go to bed till four."

"Then why the heck are we up this early?"

"My phone was ringing and it woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. So I figured I'd wake you up. Payson won't get up for another hour or two at least. Probably more." Hannah explained.

"Parker won't get up till eleven or twelve, probably." I smirked as I turned on the coffee maker.

"Exactly." Hannah said as she walked into the living room. "So let's go get breakfast while they're asleep."

I shrugged and sat beside her on the couch. "We can do that. We'll bring them back something."

"Yeah." Hannah nodded. "Come on, let's go get ready."

"When did you become a morning person?" I grunted as she pulled me off the couch.

"When we got to paradise." Hannah smiled. "Now, come on. And don't wake them up or they'll either want to go or not want us to go."

"That's very true." I smirked as I followed her up the stairs.

***

"Micky-D's." Hannah said in a low voice as we pulled into the McDonald's parking lot.

"I love beach weather." I sighed as we got out of the Jeep.

"Same." Hannah smiled as she set her Yeti back into the cupholder.

"It's so much better coming to the beach by ourselves than with the rest of our 'family'." I air quoted the last word. "We can do whatever we want to do whenever we want to do it with our boyfriends."