Chapter 54

(((Same day)))
Parker's POV
After I knew that she had been talking to that Sammy guy, I stormed back into my room and slammed the door behind me. I plopped onto my bed, the same bed that we had laid in just a few hours earlier, and ran my fingers through my hair as I mumbled some cuss words. I just wanted to punch or kick something. God, I was so mad.

How the fûck could she do this? When did she start this shît? How the hèll did I not know? I must be the stupidest person on the planet not to realize this shît.

Hours passed, and I didn't hear any kind of talk from the living room. Dad came in around six, and he didn't know what he was walking into. He tried to talk to them for a little bit, but gradually, his voice faded. I looked through my phone, and just laid there, thinking.

I guess I kind of knew that some shît like this would happen. We had pretty much the perfect relationship, except for a few times, and it was only a matter of time before something screwed it up. I didn't think Nicole was like this; I thought I could trust her, but apparently not. I just guess that I can't have a relationship with her, or with anybody. It always gets screwed up.

Mom knocked on my door, and came into the room. She sat down beside me on the bed and rubbed me on the back.

"Do you want something to eat, honey?" Mom asked me.

"No."

"Nicole didn't want anything to eat, either." Mom told me. "She's been crying ever since you came in here."

It kills me when she cries, because I love her. Yeah, I still love her. You can't just stop loving someone. Thanks, Mom. Now I feel bad because she's crying, but I'm still mad.

"You didn't have to tell me that. You know I hate it when she cries." I said.

"Honey, I know that you're probably just as mad as you can get right now. I know that you're probably feeling a ton of different things right now. Now, what Nicole has been doing isn't right, and I'm not too happy about it, either. But I love both of you, and everybody makes mistakes."

"I don't know if we're going to be together or not." I said.

"Don't do anything that you're going to regret later."

"I don't know."

"You don't know what?"

"I don't know anything." I said.

***

I guess that they did Kayleigh's little party, because I heard them singing "Happy Birthday" a little while after Mom had left my room. I texted Kayleigh and told her happy birthday and that the presents from Nicole were from me and her. I asked her what Nicole was doing, and she said that Nicole was sitting on the end of the couch, not talking to anyone or anything.

Around 8:30, Payson came in my room.

"Hey, man." Payson said as he sat on my bed.

"Hey." I said.

"Hannah told me what happened."

"Yeah. Can you believe that shît? I mean, man," I said as I sit up beside him. "I give her fûcking everything she wants or needs, I treat her right, and I trust her. And then she goes and talks to that son'bîtch  and it 'doesn't matter'. Like what the hèll, man?"

"Well, I don't know why she did it, but I'm not going to take sides, because you're both my family, and you're going to be alright in a day or two."