Chapter 73

Same day
Parker's POV

After we all convinced ourselves to get up and get ready to go despite the fact that we all knew what was coming, we were about to go to Mom and Dad's house. Nicole was looking as cute as ever, wearing the same black dress that she had worn to my grandpa's funeral. She had left her hair straight, and when the sun hit her hair, she glowed and looked like the absolute angel that she is. I swear, I catch myself staring at her more than usual nowadays. Maybe it's because not only am I looking at her, but now I'm looking at the mother of my child that's inside her. I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes when I'm laying in bed with her, about to fall asleep, there's a thought in the back of my mind that says that this is all just a dream and that I'm going to wake up the next morning and she won't be here anymore. Well, thank goodness that this is my reality.

"Parker." Nicole said as she linked my arm with hers. "Come on, baby."

That got me out of my daze I was in while I was looking at her scurry around her room, fixing her hair and makeup, finding little things she needed to carry with her. She linked her arm with mine and we walked out of the room.

"You look beautiful, baby." I whispered in her ear.

She stopped walking and stood in front of me, fixing my shirt and my hair. She smiled as she got closer to me.

"And you are very handsome." She smiled up at me. "Best looking couple around, huh?"

"You know it." I smirked.

I kissed her forehead, and we started walking to the kitchen again. Nicole smiled and nudged my arm when she saw Payson and Hannah standing in the living room, facing each other and giving each other small kisses.

"Hey!" I said loudly. "Control yourselves!"

Nicole started laughing when they both jumped and turned around to look at us. I smirked at them both.

"How does it feel, Hannah?" I said cockily. She's done that to me and Nicole more times than I can remember.

Hannah rolled her eyes and grabbed her purse from the coffee table. After a few insults were exchanged between me and Hannah before Nicole slapped my shoulder and told me to stop, the four of us started out the door to go to the house.

***

I let out a sigh as Nicole and I were walking up to the side door. Hannah and Payson had already went in, and we were following. I was kind of nervous because I wasn't really sure how this was going to go. This whole "first time seeing my parents since my girlfriend got pregnant" thing. Yeah, I know I'm a grown man and they already know, but I've not seen them since Nicole told them.

"Hey, Mom." Nicole smiled as she let go of my hand and went to hug my mom.

"Hi, honey." Mom smiled. "How are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm just fine, Mom." Nicole answered.

"And how are you doing, son?" Mom asked me when she walked over to me with Nicole.

"I'm pretty good." I smirked. "How you doing?"

"Good, good." Mom smiled. "The funeral's not for an hour, so Nicole, you want to help me finish up lunch?"

"Of course." Nicole smiled as she walked over to the stove.

Mom followed her, after giving me a small smile. I was surprised that she didn't even say anything about the baby. But, I just walked into the living room where Payson was with Hannah and Dad.