Chapter 15

(((November 16, 2015)))
Parker's POV
"Good morning, baby." I felt a kiss on my cheek as I woke up from my sleep.

"Morning." I said as I opened my eyes and yawned while I stretched.

I saw Nicole looking through her dresser for clothes to wear.

"The next ferry leaves for B.C. in an hour. You need to get up and get ready." She turned around and said.

"Yeah, okay." I sat up on the edge of the bed and started walking to the bathroom.

I came back from the bathroom and she was dressed in jeans and a hoodie while she was sitting at her little vanity brushing her hair. I went over to her and gave her a hug and kiss.

"My clothes are in the truck. I'll be right back." I said as I remembered my clothes.

"Okay."

I walked back into the house after I grabbed some clothes from my bag and saw her in the kitchen, pouring her some drink.

"Hey, pour me some too, will ya?" I said as I walked toward her room to change.

"You got it." She said.

I came back into the kitchen, dressed. She was sitting at the bar sipping her coffee while going through her phone.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Almost. Just let me go back there one more time, and you need to put my bags in the truck."

"Okay. I'm ready. I thought we might go by my house for a minute before we left."

"Okay, I'll be right back."

I went behind her into her room, grabbed her bags, and carried them out to my truck. I came back in and grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys. She came down the hall and grabbed her Yeti, adding already to her pile of stuff she was already carrying. She set her purse on the counter and put her phone, wallet, and keys into it. She grabbed her purse and Yeti off the counter and walked up to me and stood beside me while I was on my phone.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Come on then, babe." I said as I opened the door for her.
***
"Yeah, I'm going with him." Nicole smiled as she talked to Mom.

"Maybe you can keep him in check, huh?" Mom smiled.

"Maybe." Nicole said.

"Well, you guys be safe and have a good time." Mom said as she gave Nicole a hug.

"We will, Mom. Don't worry." I said to her as she gave me a hug.

We said our goodbyes to Mom and headed out to the harbor to catch the ferry. It was one of those ferries that you can drive your truck onto, so we drove right up onto the ferry in the truck. We got out of the truck, and I locked the doors while we walked around for a few minutes while we waited until it was time for the ferry to take off.

Nicole's POV
It took a few hours to get from Haines to B.C. But I enjoyed it; I always have enjoyed riding on boats. I really didn't know what to expect while we were in B.C., but I was still happy to see what was ahead. Apparently Parker had some friends that lived there, and we were going to hang out with them. People have never been my strong suit, and it takes me a while to warm up to new people. But nevertheless, they were his friends, and I was probably going to see a lot of them if I planned on being with Parker, and being at the mining camp with him. So I made up my mind to have fun and be friendly.

It was snowy in B.C., and it really was beautiful. We found a hotel to stay at and unloaded our bags into the room. We decided to get something to eat before we went anywhere else. We went to a little diner and ate there for a little while. Then Parker wanted to go hang out with one of his friends.
(((November 18, 2015)))
The trip was fun; we were staying there until Friday. His friends were all nice and friendly, and I had a lot more fun than I originally thought I would. We went fishing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, and other stuff. His friends eventually became my friends, especially the girl ones. We basically only were in the hotel to sleep, and we didn't do very much of that because we stayed out late every night. It was now Wednesday night, and we were in the hotel room.

"Jordan just texted me and said that him and everybody else was going to the bar tonight. Wanna go?" Parker said.

"I don't know, like don't you have to be twenty-one?"

"Not in Canada. Nineteen. You've never been to somewhere like that, have you?"

"You know I haven't."

"Well, it's like a club, and it's fun. You'll like it."

"Okay. Let me get ready."

" 'kay."
***
We arrived at the club, and it didn't look like much from the outside. But once we stepped inside, you could tell you were about to get the full club experience. There was a good amount of people, all in their own little groups. Music was blasting, and the lights were like spotlights. There was dancing, and there was the bar area, and there were seats where people were sitting and drinking. I was kind of nervous, so I grabbed his arm while we walked in and around, stopping by the bar first before finding his friends.
He ordered his drink, an Olde English bourbon.

"Want a sip, baby?" He said as he offered his drink to me.

"Is it good?" I raised my eyebrows.

"It's pretty good. Just try it."

"Okay." I shrugged my shoulders. I grabbed his drink and took a sip. It was the first time I had drank. I know that I made a weird face when I tasted it. But to be honest, I kind of liked it once I took another sip. It's addicting.

"You want something?" He chuckled as I took my fourth or fifth sip.

"What about one of them things that are like lemonade or something like that? You know what I'm talking about?"

"A hard lemonade?" He smiled.

"Yeah. That." I was sipping on his drink again. "Can I have one of those?

"Sure, babe." He smirked.

Parker ordered my drink from the bartender, and I gave him back his drink and took a sip of mine.

"Good?" He asked.

"Pretty good, yeah." I looked in the drink.

"Well, come on, then." He said, grabbing my hand and leading me while we walked around looking for the rest of the friends.

We found everybody sitting in a booth seat thing, talking and drinking. We greeted everyone, and sit down.

I remember the night as fun, and it was. We talked, joked, and laughed. It was really funny when this girl came up to Parker and tried to sit in his lap, with me right there beside him holding his arm. Parker pushed her off, and she was obviously more drunk than any of us. Parker told her not to do that anymore and somethings else, and the girl gave me the stank face, fake pouted at Parker, and walked away. After she walked away Parker picked me up and set me in his lap, and said "that way none of them hoes would sit in his lap anymore." I laughed so hard at that.

We danced, even though Parker kind of sucks at dancing. But I guess he's not that bad, and it was fun. I remember that we had a few more drinks, and Parker saying that I didn't need to drink anymore. I drank his drink when he wasn't looking, and the rest of the girls and I went to the bathroom and stopped by the bar, and I got a drink on the way back.