Chapter 34

Nicole's POV
"Hannah, you are not pregnant!" I said excitedly.

"Oh, my gosh! Yes!" She screamed excitedly.

We kept on squealing in delight, jumping around and celebrating, while Bear looked at us like we were crazy. I mean, not that a baby is a bad thing; it just would be one huge surprise, and Hannah didn't want a baby right now, especially not one with Lee. We were so relieved after that.

"I guess you're just a little bit more irregular this month." I said to Hannah as we sat on my bed.

"I guess. I'm so relieved."

"I'm so happy you're here, Hannie." I smiled.

"Me too." She smiled and nodded. "It's going to be so fun. New life for me."

"Yeah. No more Lee, and you can take classes online, and I'll help you."

"You won't have time, with Parker around." She smirked.

"Parker won't be back for five weeks."

"Dang."

"Yeah, I know. It's a good thing you're here. I would've been all by myself."

"So what do you do around here?" Hannah asked.

"Well, I've been hanging around with Parker for the past month and a half. We usually find something fun to do, hang out with friends and such. Spend time at his house."

"Where does he live?"

"Like ten minutes down the road. He lives with his mom and dad, and Payson is staying there for the holidays and stuff."

"Oh."

"I usually go to Grandpa and Grandma's house every couple of days. I went there today to--" I remembered my bracelet. "Oh, yeah, thanks for my charm. I love it."

"You're welcome." She smiled. "So, I have a question."

"What?"

"Aren't you worried that you're gonna get pregnant?"

"Nope. Birth control. At least one of us is safe."

"Oh, shut up."

"We're going to get you some, too." I added.

"I don't need any. I'm never doing that again."

"Well, just to be safe. I've been on it ever since I turned eighteen, and I didn't even do anything then. You never know."

"Ugh, fine. If you really think I should."

I nodded.

"I'm so hungry." Hannah said after her stomach growled.

"You should've told me that before we came here. Me and Mom made a whole bunch of food yesterday, and there's some left in her fridge."

"Can we go get some?"

I looked at the time. It was almost midnight. "Well, Mom and Dad are probably asleep, but I'll text Payson and ask him."

" 'kay." Hannah smiled.
***
Payson said that they were asleep, but that he would bring us something to eat from there. He called us, and we told him everything to put on a plate and bring. Payson was knocking at the door in about twenty minutes.

Hannah and I ran down the hall, with Bear chasing us, to the front door. I looked through the peephole and opened the door.

"Midnight food delivery." Payson smiled as he walked in and set the food on the counter.

There was a good bit of food there. Hannah started looking through all the plates, soon joined by me and Payson.

"Hey, one of them plates are mine." Payson said.

"Then you better get one." I said.

Before long, we were all sitting at the bar, eating. I didn't really eat that much, but they sure did. We all three talked, but it was mostly them two talking, and I just put my two cents in whenever I felt like it. I was texting Parker, so I wasn't really paying attention to Hannah and Payson. But from what I saw, they were really hitting it off.

I got through eating, and Parker was going somewhere, so he would be busy and would call me when he started to bed, which would be when I woke up. I don't know how he stays awake so much, but he does. It was getting around 1:30 when I took Bear outside one last time before going to bed. Payson and Hannah were still talking; Hannah is one of them people that can talk for hours and hours. Parker and I talked about them a little while we were texting, and we agreed that they would be a good couple.

"Well, guys, I'm going to bed." I said as I walked into the living room after putting Bear down.

"Okay, Nick. Good night!" Hannah smiled.

"Y'all be good." I smirked at both of them.

"Night, Nick." Payson smirked.

I smiled and walked away into my room. Bear stayed up a while, going back and forth between my room and the living room. I stayed up for about thirty minutes, writing and thinking. Then I was fast asleep.

I was awakened later by Hannah, coming to get into the bed. She was sleeping with me until her bed came in about a week. I groggily opened my eyes and looked at my phone for the time, 3:00.

"Did Payson just leave?" I yawned.

"Yeah." She smiled.

"He could've just slept on the couch." I said, facing her with my eyes closed.

"Man, I didn't even think about that."

I smiled. "It's fine. Payson's a good guy, huh?"

"Yeah, he is. It's like, we just click, you know?"

"So what did y'all do?"

"We just talked."

"Mmhm." I smirked.

"Really!" She smiled. "This isn't going to be like Lee or any of the other guys."

"So what are you saying, Hannah?" I smiled and opened my eyes.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just pushing my feelings from Lee onto Payson."

"You don't know that. You met him in November."

"Yeah, and I kinda felt something then, too. You know, nothing big. Just like, a little spark."

"You wanna know a secret?" I smiled.

"What?" She smiled.

"You can't tell him I told you this, but Payson told me that he was really interested in you. He thinks you're really pretty, too. He backed off when he first met you because he knew that you had a boyfriend. But now, well, he stayed for three hours just to talk to you."

"Yeah, but he lives in Vegas. I live here now."

"He comes home often. I'm not saying get into a full blown relationship with him, like me and Parker has. I'm just saying, you might like talking to him and seeing him every once in a while. Once you know you like him and you're over Lee for sure."

"Yeah. And Nick?"

"What?" I yawned, falling back asleep.

"He's really cute."

"That's good, Han." I smiled. "Good night, I love you."

"Love you too." She said.

***

Happy New Year everyone! I wish you all the best in 2017! Thank you so much for the support with voting and commenting.